New Troopy Engine Choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1VD but go check out Perth Diesel Performance's additional DPF setup. They have lots of products for the 1VD and Aussie diesel is actually pretty dirty.

What's this DPF set up of which you talk? I can't find anything on the PDP site.

I already have their 2nd fuel filter kit and diff breathers.

What's this DPF set up of which you talk? I can't find anything on the PDP site.

I already have their 2nd fuel filter kit and diff breathers.

Apologies- I was confusing their 2nd fuel filter kit with the DPF. So you've got the right kit imo.

and Aussie diesel is actually pretty dirty.

What makes you say that? Ive heard others say it but have never seen anything to confirm it. In 12 years I had some rusty water in my fuel but thats all.

I don't think the diesel here in the UAE is that bad. The Middle East as a whole gets a bad rep for bad diesel but if you buy from our local distributors like ADNOC and ENOC, it's generally clean.

The same can be said for Saudi and Oman, so long as you buy from bigger fuel stations.

People run the Ford Ranger here (3.2 5-cylinder) with no issues, and I even know a guy who brought a TDI V8 Toureg over with him from Norway, drove it here for six years and recently shipped it back. I can imaging they wouldn't tolerate bad diesel.

What makes you say that? Ive heard others say it but have never seen anything to confirm it. In 12 years I had some rusty water in my fuel but thats all.

There are a lot of diesel filtration systems sold in Australia for consumer vehicles. I do not see similar systems sold in the US or Japan for the most part. I don't have a study to point to or anything like that.

Go VDJ ....

I can believe the fear at the beginning .. but after 10 years plus that engine prove to be another Land Cruiser worthy engine ..

There are a lot of diesel filtration systems sold in Australia for consumer vehicles. I do not see similar systems sold in the US or Japan for the most part. I don't have a study to point to or anything like that.

Australia has a lot of diesels and when you go into remote areas, its almost 100% diesel. And with the introduction of common rail injection pumps, filtration and alarms are vital. Australians are fairly well versed in looking after their diesel engines, so we are always looking around to see whats on offer
Im not going to argue it is the best fuel in the world, but its certainly not bad.
Most of the bad diesel in Australia comes from using contaminated drums.

Most of the bad diesel in Australia comes from using contaminated drums.

I trust your personal experience for sure.

The other thing I recognize is that in the Outback, having clean fuel could be the difference between life and death, so I can see why those filtration products are more important in Australia than in other countries where medical rescue is closer to civilization.

I trust your personal experience for sure.

The other thing I recognize is that in the Outback, having clean fuel could be the difference between life and death, so I can see why those filtration products are more important in Australia than in other countries where medical rescue is closer to civilization.
Unfortunately more than you might realise. People die all the time in the aus outback. At the same time they all drive toyotas.

I guess this then raises the next question, what diesel water alarm system do people recommend.

Whatever I buy I’ll likely have to import in from Australia, or the US.

I guess this then raises the next question, what diesel water alarm system do people recommend.

Whatever I buy I’ll likely have to import in from Australia, or the US.

The VDJs have an audible water alarm built into the original fuel filter housing.

The only benefit of not using a toyota filtration system is the filters are cheaper. But I would stick with an OEM set up if they have an audible alarm as quoted by Locked79.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom