New to South Nashville Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All

My family moved here last year from Northern California. I have been on the board at Pacific Mountain Cruisers. We put on the Rubithon run at the Rubicon Trail.
Does this chapter meet monthly in the area? Would love to get those dates on the calendar and get some wheeling in. My mini is being finished right now and should be done today after a little tumble. We also have a 100 series that is more or less stock for now.

Ben

Welcome, Ben!

I’m local in Nashville and live in Franklin. There are lots of events in the south throughout the year, and our closest and best place to wheel is Windrock near Oak Ridge. Another park/OHV is being developed near Chattanooga by some of the guys from this club.

Where do you live?

Welcome, Ben!

I’m local in Nashville and live in Franklin. There are lots of events in the south throughout the year, and our closest and best place to wheel is Windrock near Oak Ridge. Another park/OHV is being developed near Chattanooga by some of the guys from this club.

Where do you live?

We live in College Grove. Thank you for the recommendations on places.

Welcome Ben! I'm actually just a mile or two down the road from Joel (@Tennessee80), just a bit north of Franklin proper so you have at least a couple of guys not too far from you.

I had a client in The Grove and love it down there. Beautiful area.

Welcome to Tennessee and the heat/humidity that comes along with it 😉

We live in College Grove. Thank you for the recommendations on places.

I'm over a little East of Eagleville. As the crow flies your just over the knob.

As far as your question about meeting regularly... well that is something that has been tried and tried over the years, but life seems to get in the way for most folks after a meeting or 2. (I'm gonna stay off that soapbox tonight) but there is a good bit of new blood in the area and they seem to be trying to get out and do with some regularity, so maybe we could start a regular meeting. There is a group headed up the land between the lakes this weekend for some boating and some easy rides.

If you have a mini, you need to catch @TeddyBoy and @tgreco they are GA boys but they have a great core group that wheels with a good bit of regularity. I honestly don't know where to aim you as far as getting plugged in as I don't FB, only MUD and this group isn't as MUD active as they once were. And I really don't see much on FB either, so maybe there is somewhere else that someone can suggest.

I check in here regularly but you won't see much traffic in this clubhouse. Maybe we could grab a bite over at the Mexican restaurant in eagleville one night and chat.

Sorry, didn't mean to take a debbie downer. Just calling them like I see them.

All that said, welcome to the area. This is a great little community if your looking for small town life. What brings you to our little neck from CA? Not sure if you're ready to go all in on the country life yet, but the TN power pullers are putting on their annual truck and tractor pull this weekend in Eagleville. If you want to see how we roll around here, stop by and check it out. Super family friendly. Bring chairs and sit trackside or there are bleachers. There will be funnel cakes, frozen lemonade and a bunch of old pickups and an international or 2 running the red clay. It will be a good time.

Last edited:
there is a thread above this, in the main forum area that talks about Nashville meetings, you might check in there. I'm down in North AL area.... I think historically meetings were / are infrequent. Welcome to the area....

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the notes. For some reason I am not getting notified when folks write here. I wish I had known About the Tractor pulls! My kids love that stuff.
We left California for a change of pace and this area reminds us of old time northern California.
Look forward to catching up with everyone and absolutely meeting up at the Mexican join in eagleville. I have been meaning to check it out.

Hey guys, I leave in Mt Juliet, just bought an 80 series 1996. In process of lifting it right now. Have any of you been at Tennessee dirt devil?

Hey guys, I leave in Mt Juliet, just bought an 80 series 1996. In process of lifting it right now. Have any of you been at Tennessee dirt devil?

We’ve done dirt Devil a few times, and recently went out there with a couple “new to the group”

Lots of back roads on the dirt Devil “map”, we rode around starting at Old Dutch Potts road bear Leipers Fork. Easy ride, took about 3 hours, 2wd...! Beautiful country out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom