new to me 80 -- 92 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
picked up a 92FZJ80 a few weeks back. had to work out some gremlins with window switch, but it appears gtg now. restored/fresh paint around '09 at a dealer. seats upholsterd with jag leather/merc cloth. (not by me, PO).

carb'd version of 4.5l 1FZ runs great, thought heater didn't work at first, then found the cutoff switch. pfft. mostly stock and newer OME parts on it. does have dual fans, larger radiator. 17in. steel wheels, on what I call airplane tires over here. This is a middle east version. and I will ship back to US later in the year (vehicle 25yrs old now).. another thing I haven't seen in US models was the ice chest center console, freaked me out as I started punching buttons and listening. then stuck my hand in center console. works great.

plan on driving it a few times/month to work and back once I return to US.. 100mi rd trip. and giving to to son later. (he turns 1 soon) lol. odo reading is approx. 385km, and vehicle has been taken care of.

20170131_111656_zpsudqgj2fk.jpg
20170131_100355_zpslcwflmyb.jpg
20170131_100316_zpshew9s0f3.jpg

and beats me on how the t and i got on the end of title. and I can't seem to figure out edit function. sorry about that.

plain FZJ80 no t no i haha.

Really nice rig Defuzer! If you don't mind me asking how did you find it? I'm currently in Kuwait and all I can find are newer models:bang:

@Bigsky80 sent pm on Kuwait car searching with link to a 70 in really nic shape

@half k cruiser will see what I have on smartphone. Had to shoot north for a few weeks, but back down as soon as mission complete

picked up a 92FZJ80 a few weeks back. had to work out some gremlins with window switch, but it appears gtg now. restored/fresh paint around '09 at a dealer. seats upholsterd with jag leather/merc cloth. (not by me, PO).

carb'd version of 4.5l 1FZ runs great, thought heater didn't work at first, then found the cutoff switch. pfft. mostly stock and newer OME parts on it. does have dual fans, larger radiator. 17in. steel wheels, on what I call airplane tires over here. This is a middle east version. and I will ship back to US later in the year (vehicle 25yrs old now).. another thing I haven't seen in US models was the ice chest center console, freaked me out as I started punching buttons and listening. then stuck my hand in center console. works great.

plan on driving it a few times/month to work and back once I return to US.. 100mi rd trip. and giving to to son later. (he turns 1 soon) lol. odo reading is approx. 385km, and vehicle has been taken care of.

20170131_111656_zpsudqgj2fk.jpg
20170131_100355_zpslcwflmyb.jpg
20170131_100316_zpshew9s0f3.jpg
I want that rear rack and the overhead console!

The link above is what's in the 80 I have. also has the freezer/fridge center console. extra compressor is in rear passenger cargo side panel behind speaker. same clear ductwork on passenger side running up to rear vents.

center console has Off--Cool--Ice buttons on front.

young man I bought it from was a hobby falconer, and racks were used to transport birds. old restored LC with high dollar Falcons = street cred I guess. if you notice, the gear shift still has falcon hood on it, and center console buttons are visible above.

finally took delivery of both Land Cruisers dec 6th.. turned in on 7th for service and complete tune up, flush everything front to rear.. etc.

needing new radiator, steering gear box, few seals here and there. possibly heater core, just ordered one anyway. trying to decide on tires now. once its out of shop and cleaned up I will post more pics.

also odd looking for parts on 92 FZJ80 with carb engine, kind of a in betweener here in US.

went over a year without seeing either one with work. they are both filthy, haven't even started messing with 70 yet, just parked in barn as it needs new window channel gaskets and now has an exhaust leak haha. never thought to check those gaskets in desert when I test drove it. 80 was DD though, so had a good idea on what it needed.

Sweet rig, hows the carb. work on that thing? So many cool features, definitely one of my fav. 80s to date.

Carb is running a lttle rough for now still needs to be adjusted

Did receive calls during shipping that vehicles would not run/start had to tell shipping folks how a carb works and to pump the gas a few times always started right up after that for both 80 and 70 i shipped back had

Got a few parts from cruiseryard steering gear box, ,heater core, lift thanks to @arcteryx should be up and running daily by the end of next week just have to decide on tires now

Last edited:
Carb is running a lttle rough for now still needs to be adjusted

Did receive calls during shipping that vehicles would not run/start had to tell shipping folks how a carb works and to pump the gas a few times always started right up after that for both 80 and 70 i shipped back had

Got a few parts from cruiseryard steering gear box, ,heater core, lift thanks to @arcteryx should be up and running daily by the end of next week just have to decide on tires now

Awesome truck M. Just awesome. Barn doors, rear AC, hood ornament, overhead console, manual tranny, list goes on.... It is amazing how simple the 1FZ looks with the EFI stuff removed. You can actually get to things! You might want to consider an alarm and/or a fuel cutoff switch to prevent theft here in the states. Don't post up where it is at though. :) Seriously, that is a gorgeous truck.

FYI, lift was dropped off today at fedex.

Very neat, gotta love the foreign Toyota’s so many unique (to us) features. Looks like it was well cared for—is most definitely an understatement. Ice box console...damn!
I like the front side markers, looks odd with the clear front signals. I would kill for that 5 spd...

Are they running steelies over there from the factory? Also, what is the material on that roll out shade? I’ve been brainstorming a diy shade for a while and seems like they might know how to do it over there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom