New to me 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yesterday don't stink.:D

I got the lift springs and matching shocks on finally (thanks Living in the past :cheers:). Replaced the shackles (stock size), shackle bushings, greasable pins, and sway bar link bushings from MAF.

Rides great!

New misc componenets in the engine compartment that needed replaced or upgraded. Cleaned up wheels and paint too.

Mechanicals are mostly done.

More to come...

Interior, stereo, rear hatch struts, tint, etc..
a3.jpg
a2.jpg
a1.jpg

Looking good Murf, what are the plans for this truck? Sell it, wheel it ???

Looking good Murf, what are the plans for this truck? Sell it, wheel it ???

The initial plans are to keep it and wheel it. Maybe if my 14 yr old daughter likes it enough, Ill keep it for her to drive when its time.
She likes trucks and standard shifting.

If the day comes where I see something else I want more, then I will consider selling. I would hope to break even at that time.

This isnt a deal that the focus was to make money on it ~ rather to enjoy a 60 that had alot of potential to make back into a DD. Thats the part I enjoy and the subsequent usage afterwards.

I got the lift springs and matching shocks on finally (thanks Living in the past :cheers:). Replaced the shackles (stock size), shackle bushings, greasable pins, and sway bar link bushings from MAF.

Rides great!

New misc componenets in the engine compartment that needed replaced or upgraded. Cleaned up wheels and paint too.

Mechanicals are mostly done.

More to come...

Interior, stereo, rear hatch struts, tint, etc..

Save those pics! A day will come when the words "back in the day", or "used to be", and "clean" will surface again.;)

Looking Murf. Did these springs work with axle U bolts? Like I said on my FJ62 I ended using the small spring out of the OEM pack but I believe the 62 spring pack is thicker. Also what did you do with front swaybar. I only used these for short time before rearching the original springs and switching back. At the time it was more of a DD and used to drive up north. My back couldn't take the stiff ride. Not it's semi retired and lucky to see two hundred miles a year.

So this is the only stick shift you have? Compared to a FJ25 the 60 series is a car. Four speed but only 3rd and 4th have syncros, manual steering and brakes. All my kids were driving my 68 by the time they were fourteen on forest service roads.

:cheers:

re : Lift springs and shocks

Looking Murf. Did these springs work with axle U bolts? Sure did! Like I said on my FJ62 I ended using the small spring out of the OEM pack but I believe the 62 spring pack is thicker. Also what did you do with front swaybar. Replaced the link bushings - all worked well I only used these for short time before rearching the original springs and switching back. At the time it was more of a DD and used to drive up north. My back couldn't take the stiff ride. Seems to ride good IMO, thanks
So this is the only stick shift you have? Yes, I had several others in the past and have missed it. Compared to a FJ25 the 60 series is a car. Four speed but only 3rd and 4th have syncros, manual steering and brakes. All my kids were driving my 68 by the time they were fourteen on forest service roads. Fun!

:cheers:

Got her real close except for some minor tweaks and upgrades.

Heres the latest after adding some 33's on 15x8 wheels from MoGas (thx!)

I also added a picture of the top of the 6 point roll bar. (just in case I guess)
IMG_0136.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0134.jpg

most every panel has a ding or dent in it except one I think. Runs great and does well.

Now to get her off road and test it out.
IMG_0137.jpg
IMG_0138.jpg

I did the 'walk-around' before I left today Murf, looking good!

I was going to offer Murf a hand installing the springs then I thought this is parked in Camelback service department and he is going to need my help:rolleyes:

It is looking nice. I'm betting wider tires and greaseable shackles is going to make this ride better than those springs did in my 62. Curious did you use the spring marked A on the driver's side rear? How does it set in the back? Level?

Wow, those wheels cleaned up really well!!!

Looks great.

Looking good. Sure cleaned up real nice!

Yes, the A is on drivers rear and it sits level. The ride is pretty good. Prolly helps I am running 32 front and 28 rear psi.

Mucho buffing really made them look new-ish again. Thx

I'm ready! :bounce::steer:

Tell me what day you have 2 hours...we'll go up in them hills. NO 80'S ALLOWED.

:):):):):)

Classics, they have such charm... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom