New to Forum but old original 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser owner. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All off roaders, new to forum, I bought my landcruiser new in 1994 and have done lots of camping, boating, kayaking, rafting, skiing, and biking with factory stock vehicle that came with front and rear lockers, front and rear brush guards and factory tow package. Just finally added a Kenwood apple car play deck and upgraded all speakers...sounds great! It's about time, so now I am considering adding a new roof rack, dual batteries, awning, roof top tent, snorkel, new front and rear bumpers, winch and possible new kitchen slide outs. Quick and easy set up and tearn down is my goal. Make camping life and off roading as simple and painless as possible so I can spend more time enjoying the scenery, beer and conversation. Any recommendations?

This is a recent photo of drying out after an evening rain near stream in Creste Butte, Montana. Camping with my Son the last free weekend before he got hitched. Good thing she likes camping to but this was boys night out.

IMG_0791.JPG

Welcome!

By the way you posted this in the FJ Cruiser instead of the 80 Series subforum. No worries, a mod can move it for you.

Onto your question, I'd probably start with a roof rack first. Great amount of additional storage for little weight gain and you can also knock your awning out too. I run a FrontRunner rack on my FJC, but I've also heard good things about Eezi-Awn's K9 rack.

What's your current suspension setup?

I bought a cheap ass $150 amazon roof rack because the one I really want won't be ready until summer. I have a 94 as well, represent!

Hi Mattv94, thank You. The current suspension is still OEM. I think coming with heavy duty tow package might have beefed the rear up some but not sure. Any suggestions?

Hi Mattv94, thank You. The current suspension is still OEM. I think coming with heavy duty tow package might have beefed the rear up some but not sure. Any suggestions?

It's pricey, but the icon stuff is really nice. There's also Dobinson and OME. The nice thing about Dobinson is they make it pretty easy to understand and address all the other changes a vehicle needs after installing a lift.

Slee makes some great bumpers (and a ton of other stuff!), and stock some of the other common offerings. They also have everything you need to install your second battery. Don't forget an appropriately sized CTEK charger (7002 perhaps) if your secondary battery is an AGM.

Specter Off Road (SOR) has a bunch of really cool stuff, as does Man A Fre.

You might really enjoy an ARB refrigerator - or perhaps an ARB competitor.

Absolute Wits End has some fantastic and useful components for long-term 80 series owners. The proprietor, @NLXTACY, also has a must-read thread that has already help me a bunch. Search "did you know" posted by member "nlxtacy".

Or click the link:
80 Series - Did you know?

Welcome!

Great advice Mattv94, I was hoping joining this forum would help in my rebuild goal and thanks to you it has a lot! All the equipment and links are appreciated!

An original owner, wow! That's a LONG list of upgrades planned, you'll be spending a lot of time reading the forums I'm sure!

Yes, and spending too much money...all the cool add ons are expensive!

The cool stuff is expensive, but at least you're starting off with a 1994! Best year 80...(scientifically proven ;)). For bumpers, check out Slee and 4x4 labs...very nice! Labs will require the rear cross member to be hacked, but you gain clearance. Slee is easily the nicest bolt-on rear. Their short bus front is nice too. Check out the Prinsu rack for aluminum or the Trail Tailor for steel....gonna add up quick! :cool:

Hi All off roaders, new to forum, I bought my landcruiser new in 1994 and have done lots of camping, boating, kayaking, rafting, skiing, and biking with factory stock vehicle that came with front and rear lockers, front and rear brush guards and factory tow package. Just finally added a Kenwood apple car play deck and upgraded all speakers...sounds great! It's about time, so now I am considering adding a new roof rack, dual batteries, awning, roof top tent, snorkel, new front and rear bumpers, winch and possible new kitchen slide outs. Quick and easy set up and tearn down is my goal. Make camping life and off roading as simple and painless as possible so I can spend more time enjoying the scenery, beer and conversation. Any recommendations?

This is a recent photo of drying out after an evening rain near stream in Creste Butte, Montana. Camping with my Son the last free weekend before he got hitched. Good thing she likes camping to but this was boys night out.

View attachment 1433783

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom