New Tires!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

boydmick

RIP My Friend
SILVER Star
Threads
Well, I've been wanting to move up to 35's and I haven't done anything big to the truck this year so.....

(Crappy cell phone picture)
NewTire.jpg

I'm goin to Moab baby!!

Now I just need gears and more lift.

And some dynamat.

And a subwoofer.

And dual batteries.

:doh:Maybe another job.
NewTire.jpg

Right on Boyd, lookin' good man.

Please tell me that's not armor all?

:lol::lol::lol:

Every Tire shop slathers the tires in Armor All. I think you have to pay extra to not have them use it.

So what are those? Pit Bulls? Mikey Thompsons?

They used about a half gallon of armor all; it was flinging all over the flares as I drove home:rolleyes:

They are BFG MT KM2s. Very different than the ATs I was running before (aside from the change to 35s).

You can feel the tread blocks rumble at low speeds. Surprisingly smooth at speed though. Substantially louder, but I only have ~100 miles on them so the jury is still out. Truck feels a little looser as those big blocks wiggle around.

I'll post up more after Moab.

I have a friend who is accociated with a sponsored race team. I can't discuss my cost due to contractual obligations; he was only able to get four and the full retail price of the spare was about the same as the "sponsored" tires.

Nice, Nice, Nice Boyd!!!

So Boyd...If you had 35's a few years back, do you think you would have made it over that rock?

Tires look great. I am convinced that 35's are the perfect look for the 80's wheel wells. I don't have the coin for gears and i have used up at's...oh, and no super charger (bastid!). I am struggling with buying 285s for one more round (they really have suited me just fine and I don't think I NEED 315's). Then again, I really WANT 35's. But then is the performance loss worth it? Do I really want a spare in my cargo area full time? etc? I really look forward to hearing yor thoughts as you get more seat time with them. They look great and should be a blast in MOAB!

Have fun,

Smitty

Is it sluggish even with the supercharger?

I can't hear my Yaesu when turned up!

The supercharger makes them tolerable, but I am in boost earlier and more often.

So Boyd...If you had 35's a few years back, do you think you would have made it over that rock?

Tires look great. I am convinced that 35's are the perfect look for the 80's wheel wells. I don't have the coin for gears and i have used up at's...oh, and no super charger (bastid!). I am struggling with buying 285s for one more round (they really have suited me just fine and I don't think I NEED 315's). Then again, I really WANT 35's. But then is the performance loss worth it? Do I really want a spare in my cargo area full time? etc? I really look forward to hearing yor thoughts as you get more seat time with them. They look great and should be a blast in MOAB!

Have fun,

Smitty

I think 35's just look right in the wheelwell. I didn't need 35's but here they are! After running trails in Moab I'll decide about gears. I'm pretty sure 4:88s are in my future:grinpimp:

Stupid Jeep.
And yes, if I had the 35's I would have made it over the rock. :flipoff2:

Fawk both of you for being able to go to Moab!

Boyd - you'll need to remove the 'Stuck on Rock' in your sig line now!!!

Nice dude.. I'll see you in a couple days?

Wow Wes, why are you lurking in the SoCal80's section? You don't live in SoCal and you don't have an 80. Are you stalking me?

Fawk both of you for being able to go to Moab!

Boyd - you'll need to remove the 'Stuck on Rock' in your sig line now!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to replace it with "Stuck on Jeep."

Stupid Jeep.

I hit the new post link and this one was at the top at the time. Otherwise no ;) I don't care how much armor all you use :D

Looking good Boyd. Welcome to the big leagues. :grinpimp:

Do I really want a spare in my cargo area full time?
Smitty

Spare fits in the factory location, although I wouldn't run many trails like that:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom