New Stock Seat Back Foam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't SOR sell new seat bottoms and seat back foams? I looked for new foam backs today and they only have the bottoms listed. I swapped out the bottoms several years ago, and thought about doing the drivers back, but they are not listed.

I'm going to call SOR and ask on Monday. Any other options besides custom?

I don't recall ever seeing seat back foam FS at SOR. Pretty sure I checked it out a few years ago, when I did my seat bottoms.

Keep us posted.

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't SOR sell new seat bottoms and seat back foams? I looked for new foam backs today and they only have the bottoms listed. I swapped out the bottoms several years ago, and thought about doing the drivers back, but they are not listed.

I'm going to call SOR and ask on Monday. Any other options besides custom?

How do you like the bottoms? I need to upgrade my drivers side and was looking at SOR bottoms. Having the typical sag and wear on the left side.

ohhh those SOR bottoms are nice...I have also had good luck using passenger side foams and adding material(aka; yoga mat and spray glue). The same thing can be done to the seat back foam. The only fix for the backs I know of is to add material. Jute padding also works for extra padding. I cover the added padding with spray glued-on burlap cloth. Just make sure to get rid of any wrinkles on the foam aprons, or they will show thru the vinyl. I found a local guy who charged me 80 bucks to repair 2 drivers seat bottom covers using 2 seat back covers for matching material. the SOR foams are harder than the bolstered passenger OEM foams. I gotta be honest; I'm super skinny, and the softer seat is not unwelcome to my boney butt; but the SOR foam is nice just the same...harder, but they give less and will prolly last a long time...

ohhh those SOR bottoms are nice...I have also had good luck using passenger side foams and adding material(aka; yoga mat and spray glue). The same thing can be done to the seat back foam. The only fix for the backs I know of is to add material. Jute padding also works for extra padding. I cover the added padding with spray glued-on burlap cloth. Just make sure to get rid of any wrinkles on the foam aprons, or they will show thru the vinyl. I found a local guy who charged me 80 bucks to repair 2 drivers seat bottom covers using 2 seat back covers for matching material. the SOR foams are harder than the bolstered passenger OEM foams. I gotta be honest; I'm super skinny, and the softer seat is not unwelcome to my boney butt; but the SOR foam is nice just the same...harder, but they give less and will prolly last a long time...

Great info- thanks for sharing... Now I just need to find some rear covers to repair my interior.

forgot to mention, a layer of indoor/outdoor carpet between the seat bottom springs and seat bottom foams goes a loooong way to rehabbing an old seat foam....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom