New run feeler-- SW Wyoming-- GHOST TO GORGE RUN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
All,

Looking to get a small group of people together (6-10 vehicles) to make up what will be named the GHOST TO GORGE '16 RUN.

Lots of fun and beautiful scenery here in SW Wyoming.

My plans are to make a short and memorable trip around the area. Hit a few known ghost towns (these range from rubble to standing buildings) Boars Tusk, Pilot Butte, White Mountain, Wilkins Peak, Wild mustang herd viewing (if in the area at the time), camping along the Green River, Blacks Fork River and Flaming Gorge.

This would be mainly BLM and dirt county roads with some paved highway (little as possible) to see the area. The Green River and Gorge have great fishing and camping spots. Close to towns for services, food and restaurants. Elevations between 6000 and 8400'. Light expedition travel, no real need for heavy mods. This will be a good entry to moderate level trail experience run.

Will try to get more details, but want to see who might be interested. 2 day run (weekend). This is approx. 2.5 hours from Salt Lake and 5 hours from Denver.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Jason

I'm trying to line up a cross country and back trip from the east coast. Depending when you do this I'd definitely like to come along! Thx

Subscribing

Dates? With my schedule, it may have to be '17 but...

I'm trying to line up a cross country and back trip from the east coast. Depending when you do this I'd definitely like to come along! Thx

Subscribing

Dates? With my schedule, it may have to be '17 but...

Andy/ TD, Right now I'm flexible on dates, but need to schedule around a few of the major events I'm committed to already. Wanting this to be late August/early September possibly.

Link to the map of ghost towns. Looking at Sweetwater county only now but may open this up pending trails and ROW to other locations.

Ghost Towns of Wyoming

Boars Tusk:

Boars Tusk : Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering : SummitPost

I'll link in a few others tonight to give others some idea of the area.

I would like to see those areas of Wyoming. Ill just have to keep a eye on this plan and dates scheduled.

I'm game depending on dates.

Not sure if this trip is still a possibility but I visited with @justinf307 tonight and he may be game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom