New (possible) 100 owner - question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks ,

this would be my first post here , been reading for a while this forum. Have been looking for some weeks/months for a 100 series , will use it as daily drive and needs to be able to fit 3 kids in the back with their chairs. Found some nice cars but they disappeared almost the same day the add was posted. Wanted a V8 petrol but found 2 days ago a 4.2 diesel in very good shape that i want to buy it. It is a 5 hours drive until the car location , that's why i wanted to ask your opinion first based on the pictures , what do you think of the car ? Btw , mileage is real , has history recorded since 2005 , 154k km now , around 95k miles. Price is steep , around 26.000 euros.

Thank you !
Vladimir

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

This is forbidden fruit for most us in the US, but I would say if those pictures of the frame are indicative of the rest of the undercarriage, that is a really solid truck. interior and exterior look excellent. maybe ask for some more shots underneath?

This is forbidden fruit for most us in the US, but I would say if those pictures of the frame are indicative of the rest of the undercarriage, that is a really solid truck. interior and exterior look excellent. maybe ask for some more shots underneath?
these are all the shots i got , he made me a video with from underneath the car but i can't upload it here :( , btw it is a 2005 year.

Thanks

It looks great
As far as price is concerned, that is really top money in Europe but the car looks good and if it has been properly serviced it will look after you well.
In the UK at around 10k gbp / 13 k eur you typically find a 2000 / 180 000 km 4.2 TD so paying twice that for the newest sort of makes sense.

the 4.2 in stock form are indestructible. I had mine for 10 years and love it. They also can be built up quite a bit if necessary. There is one member from Bulgaria on the side who has done a great rebuilt on his (search the forum)

Looks beautiful.

Interesting to see the differences in controls in this compared to the US 2005. Things like the placement of the rear heat control on the back of the center console and a selectable 2 speed rear heat blower switch on the dash seem like improvements over what we got. I wonder what the “Power Heater” button is about? I seem to remember some Lexus models had an electric cabin heater that would start heating the cabin while the car was warming up.

Let us know if you manage to get this sharp looking truck.

Power heater speeds up the heating up of the coolant so you have heat quick in the cabin

If you can afford to buy it then you should, what are the chances of finding another as nice as this one any time soon where you live?

If you can afford to buy it then you should, what are the chances of finding another as nice as this one any time soon where you live?

Very unlikely to find another one in this condition, been looking for 5-6 weeks now for a 100 -series , there where only 3 nice cars in Europe - one in Germany , more KM , 1 year older , 30k euro / one in Spain , year 2007 , 180k km - 39k euro :oops: , and another one in Lithuania , a petrol one , but i think KM on that ones have been rigged , that one is 26k also.For every of those 3 mentioned cars i would have to pay 2-3k euro to bring it home.
My only mental holdback is paying that money for a 16 year old car ( and wifes also , lots of money for a old car blabla ) but i hope that getting this car will give me atleast 5 years of problem free usage . Im waiting for the owner to send me the service history from Toyota for the last 6 years and if every thing is fine ill go see it/buy it on thursday. Thanks for the feedbacks.

Looks wonderful. Would have liked to see more of the underside. Are the roads salted in RO?
If you don't want it, I would love to have it.

Will be going on Thursday to see it. Any advice on what would be the most crucial parts to check ? It has AHC that is working flawless acording to owner . Besides rust and other visual inspections , what should i check ? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom