New owner - what is your best mod? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m getting a 2008 with 160k miles soon. What are the best mods you have done? I don’t mean a lift/tires, just anything that makes this truck better for daily use. Thanks!

My only mods that makes it better for daily use is non nav conversion with android head unit. Makes the vehicle quite a bit more modern than the ancient navigation system

My only mods that makes it better for daily use is non nav conversion with android head unit. Makes the vehicle quite a bit more modern than the ancient navigation system
I will definitely be on the lookout for the next group buy for a GROM

The one that keeps coming back to save me is the aux tank. It changes how I use the truck every time I drive it.

The factory cup holders are useless without this insert.

The factory cup holders are useless without this insert.

For real. This, along with upgrading my head unit (I had a non-nav truck) and speakers, has made the biggest day to day difference.

Man those factory cupholds suck

Window tint with high performance film also makes huge improvements to the comfort. Especially if you can tint the windshield. Even with almost no tint the high performance film filter most of the infrared.

If you drink coffee, save yourself a handful of s***ty mornings and just buy the cup holder insert.

also night Ize Steele for my phone has been great.

👊 on the android unit. Converting from factory nav on my 2005 to the android head unit was my favorite mod of all. It was done a year and a half ago, no issues. Of course, I would still love my GX had I never done the conversion surgery.

Real armrests! For that GX swagger lean....
A close 2nd rear tire carrier. Allows for a full size spare and looks amazing.

7AE475F7-DDC3-4BD3-9962-125C41D2ECCD.jpeg

818A2923-EE04-4C52-ADF3-6BF99F5B7875.jpeg

Any issues with the android unit?
I bought wondefoo android 10 PX6. I was unlucky to get shipped wrong Canbus and then the front camera power cable was missing from the harness. The units is OK but be patient. The customer service literally does not understand English and very frustrating to deal with.

People seems to get much better luck with Joying brand. At lest the tech understand English.

The cup holder insert for real. I like having a better radio but the cup holder insert is a quality of life improvement.

***To those with the cup holder insert***

How are you securing this? It moves around too easy. I don’t think double stick tape is gonna work; a) in Texas heat b) the surface of the holder insert is too smooth.

Also, anyone paint theirs?

View attachment 2418374

View attachment 2418375

Details please

I don't see very many people with these armrests. Maybe because they are pretty expensive for what they are. Either way, how have you liked them so far and over the years? Do you miss having the ability to independently adjust the armrests like the stock setup allows?

The cup holder insert for real. I like having a better radio but the cup holder insert is a quality of life improvement.

***To those with the cup holder insert***

How are you securing this? It moves around too easy. I don’t think double stick tape is gonna work; a) in Texas heat b) the surface of the holder insert is too smooth.

Also, anyone paint theirs?

Details please

I too have been interested in the cupholder upgrade but I like being able to close my cup holders from time to time for a cleaner look.

As far as the armrests go, I think these are they.

I don't see very many people with these armrests. Maybe because they are pretty expensive for what they are. Either way, how have you liked them so far and over the years? Do you miss having the ability to independently adjust the armrests like the stock setup allows?
Yep that’s them. Personaly it was this or swapping the entire center console out for a Prado one with the 4Runner style center arm rests. In the end this was cheaper and simpler.
they are great. I don’t miss the thatching system as I never used it anyway. They flip up for when you want to get to the storage underneath. Also because I have my seats far back the front cup holders can still hold a 40oz yeti cup.
the factory arm rests were way too narrow for my liking as on a long trip I tend to lean and relax to my right side. #gangsta LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom