New Guy: Taco to GX460 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! You will love the Powerstops. Put the kit on Sunday. Stops so much better. Cant wait to test it in mountains this weekend.

Nice! You will love the Powerstops. Put the kit on Sunday. Stops so much better. Cant wait to test it in mountains this weekend.
Got my second set going on now on my 460. The ones for my 470 were phenomenal

So, had a minor incident on some FSR this past weekend and acquired a few scratches and abrasions. No dents or mechanical damage at all thankfully.

IMG_0243.jpg

Called my insurance and they didn't hesitate to cover it after I was honest with what happened. They sent me $2,300 from their app / photo estimate and told me to take it to a shop for a real estimate... Toyota said $14,203 to get it all fixed and my insurance asked if I wanted to have the money sent to Toyota or debited to my account.

I should just get this wrapped for $5,200 ( already got quoted and includes filling in scratches ) and slap on a new Victory front bumper right?

So, had a minor incident on some FSR this past weekend and acquired a few scratches and abrasions. No dents or mechanical damage at all thankfully.

View attachment 3283664

Called my insurance and they didn't hesitate to cover it after I was honest with what happened. They sent me $2,300 from their app / photo estimate and told me to take it to a shop for a real estimate... Toyota said $14,203 to get it all fixed and my insurance asked if I wanted to have the money sent to Toyota or debited to my account.

I should just get this wrapped for $5,200 ( already got quoted and includes filling in scratches ) and slap on a new Victory front bumper right?
That’s some major pin striping you got there… care to elaborate. 14k is crazy but body work gets more expensive every time it seems. I feel you on the wrap, I guess the question is how long will you have the rig, and is the resale an issue for you.

Certainly interested in what caused that :).

FYI I started carrying a set of loppers and a cordless sawzall with 9" wood/pruning blades. Most of the trails around here a pretty narrow with lots of SXS usage, so I usually get out and clear branches and small trees from particular narrow spots to keep from totally trashing my paint.

FYI I started carrying a set of loppers and a cordless sawzall with 9" wood/pruning blades. Most of the trails around here a pretty narrow with lots of SXS usage, so I usually get out and clear branches and small trees from particular narrow spots to keep from totally trashing my paint.
2nd the sawzall. It’s a must have in my region as well. Think I might invest in a battery powered chainsaw too, I have a gas one but it’s way bigger and heavier.

Never considered a sawzall or loppers! I'll have to add that to the Ultimate Trail Tool Kit (carry on for off road) list!
I have an 18" e-chainsaw (used with my 3,000 watt inverter), but that's for cutting fire wood when camping. I don't take that with me all the time.
Now you've made me think about how and where I'd keep an electric sawzall and loppers on my rig!

I have a M18 Fuel sawzall; it will cut through maybe 5-6 smaller/mid sized trees (6-9" or so trunk size - usually hardwood around here) before the 5 amp-hour battery dies out. A battery chainsaw would no doubt be quicker and probably have better battery life, they are just quite expensive ($500 or so) if you are a M18 junkie like me :).

Both the sawzall and loppers are actually pretty small/easy to carry - I just set them in the cargo area amongst the other gear. The sawzall is also great for cutting up firewood at camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom