New Grille for the LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think this looks great and I hope they put them into production soon

Here’s a video of the grille lights. I wasn’t a fan of raptor lights on these rigs, however this grille accepts lights. So easy to install and looks good too.

That’s awesome, I would buy one now if available. Sign me up.

0B4094AB-C8BC-4874-BB07-57AB8A8DC794.jpeg

Raptor light trend needs to die

Yep, my understanding, on the Ford Raptor, because of the width the lights were legally required. I don’t get the fascination with Raptor lights on non-Raptor vehicles, unless you’re also installing a long travel kit and fiberglass fenders that make it “Raptor width”, it seems kind of silly.

Usually not a fan of after market grills but this looks good and oem like

Although I’d prefer a simple “sombrero” or “L” to the oversized “LEXUS” or “TOYOTA”, I agree that it is a pretty good retrofit of modern Toyota styling.

Tried making contact with this company to no avail. As someone that only buys from good customer service providers, I will have to pass on this for now. While it may look ok and I’d even pay up front, I don’t want to deal with a non responsive company or give them my hard earned dollar. So, to me, this is years away.

Yep, my understanding, on the Ford Raptor, because of the width the lights were legally required. I don’t get the fascination with Raptor lights on non-Raptor vehicles, unless you’re also installing a long travel kit and fiberglass fenders that make it “Raptor width”, it seems kind of silly.

Although I’d prefer a simple “sombrero” or “L” to the oversized “LEXUS” or “TOYOTA”, I agree that it is a pretty good retrofit of modern Toyota styling.
not just raptors, although they were the first halfton truck to have them. The Ram TRX has them now too. they also are required to have markers on the fenders. It was for the width and why all duallys have them and the roof marker lights are available on all HD trucks. With all of the modern vehicles having LED running lights, they dont really bother me if not overdone.

That grille though, too tacomabro or GXORish for my tastes.

I would consider this grill if the word Lexus was just in black like the rest of the grill instead of standing out

With all of the modern vehicles having LED running lights, they dont really bother me if not overdone.

But why would I want to add them to a “skinny truck”? I guess I’m just getting old, and just don’t “get it”.

That grille though, too tacomabro or GXORish for my tastes.

Considering the “black” is peeling off of the grill on my 99 LX, revealing the chrome underneath, and the gold “L” looks like a “gold toof” on the old ratty grill, I might consider it, but I’d still prefer a simple (normal sized) “L” or “T” to the big block letters.

But why would I want to add them to a “skinny truck”? I guess I’m just getting old, and just don’t “get it”.

Considering the “black” is peeling off of the grill on my 99 LX, revealing the chrome underneath, and the gold “L” looks like a “gold toof” on the old ratty grill, I might consider it, but I’d still prefer a simple (normal sized) “L” or “T” to the big block letters.
In the video he mentions they are planning to do inserts with the regular Lexus and Toyota emblems as well, so that might be an option for you.

I like this, I'd like a version that made the grill look more like the 80 or 60 grills even better.

I would consider this grill if the word Lexus was just in black like the rest of the grill instead of standing out
That would look good. Would be easy to black out.

I like the look. Will pause purchasing until I can see a smooth installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom