new F62 owner.... finally joined the club (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just picked up a 88 FJ62 this week after many years of thinking about it but not doing it as always had some other project going on (just finished my 1965 jeep wagoneer).

always loved the FJ62 as it was one of the quintessential cool surf safari vehicle when i was a little surfer kid growing up in florida. finally picked one up and time to start tinkering.

the one i picked up is actually pretty clean on the inside as looks like previous owner redid the seats with cruiser corps seat covers and headliner is pretty clean with no sags and dashpad has no cracks....

been scanning this forum for past few days and looks like I will be doing all the interior in LED light and convert headlights to JW speaker LEDs....

gotta put new brakes as their current performance level is push to floor and pray :)

other than that, just going to swap out the 31's it came with for 33s (it already has oldman Emu lift) and put OEM front bumper on as it came with an ARB bumper with KC lites and Warn 8000 winch and I prefer to factory frontend look plus about the only off-roading this FJ62 will see is driving on the beach

might paint it down the road...... so far I am definitely loving it and glad i finally bought one!

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5975.jpg

IMG_5949.jpg

Nice truck! If you drive on salty beaches, you'll have to be incredibly vigilant about rust prevention.

Can I get in line for your front bumper? ;)

Nice truck! If you drive on salty beaches, you'll have to be incredibly vigilant about rust prevention.

Can I get in line for your front bumper? ;)
yeah i definitely read about rust being pretty prevalent problem on this platform, but I think my jeep wagoneer prepped me for rust bucket ownership as they are also notorious rusty :)

luckily previous owner had it undercoated so hopefully that helps a little

and sure thing about the arb bumper.... once I get the original OEM bumper on I will put a for sale add up on the classified section

ARB bumper off and oem new bumper from toyota on and i plasti dipped the wheels.... also changed all the dash and shifter lights to LED which really made the nighttime driving experience much better... JW speaker LED headlight conversion is next.

here is how she looks with 33s and refreshed wheels now.

IMG_6133.jpg
IMG_6131.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great truck! I love the metallic grey fj62s—so classy.

What state are you in that has palm trees? Looks like you will be able to realize that surf-safari dream.

Looks like a great truck! I love the metallic grey fj62s—so classy.

What state are you in that has palm trees? Looks like you will be able to realize that surf-safari dream.
thanks! and i am in FL

arb bumper and winch are for sale in the classifieds now

I also have 4 31x10.5 BFG ko2's available that are like new as they only have 1500 miles on them.... previous owner put them on before sale and i took them off to go 33s

Looks perfect as is in your first post. Why paint it? That's one of the best colors IMO.

Nice 62. My shop is just down the street in Winter Park if you need anything. :cool:

Nice 62. My shop is just down the street in Winter Park if you need anything. :cool:

I saw that and already looked at your website... might want to do a vortec swap down the road, so will definitely reach out to you when i decide to do that.

But i got to do it on my 65 wagoneer first lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom