new brown 60 - the Cwooser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sd60

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys, I'm new to the site and new to the whole cruiser thing. I picked up an 83 FJ60 from my cousin about a week ago. Loving it so far. Never had a carburetor, and haven't driven a manual since I was 15 (and I wasn't very good at it then).

It has ~143k miles, and is bone stock w/the exception of some CD player I'm sure was cutting edge 20 years ago. Cousin bought it new in '83 and it has lived in her garage ever since. It's in pretty good shape, but has some issues to be worked out. I've already gotten a lot of good info from you guys, so thanks - this is a great site.

Plans currently are to update it a little, but keep it as stock looking as possible with some subtle tweaks here and there.

Here's some pics:

front.jpg

front2.jpg

side1.jpg

Tracked down the mysterious/unsettling gas smell to one of the hoses coming off the charcoal canister (the elbow), with the help of various threads on this site. You guys are awesome.

Someone had apparently reconstructed the old elbow out of electrical tape, which then melted into goo and vented gas fumes everywhere. Picked up the OEM part and replaced. Now my garage doesn't smell like a fireball waiting to happen. So that's a win. Again, you guys are awesome.

cc hose2.jpg

cc hose.jpg

Great looking 60 and as said by reevesci, keep that one as stock as possible.

Straight from the dealer shape, has it ever driven 4x4?
Some will regret it if you don't place a v10, SOA, 38 inch boggers and cherry bomb exhaust.

Truely amazing. Your exterior looks like glass. I love the idea of leaving as stock as possible.

Yes, please keep that one stock, or just put 31x10.5s on the stock rims and enjoy it. Very sharp.

Great looking Cruiser man. I've got an 83 also. Great year (unless you want a five speed) haha. Yours looks like a time capsule. Was it restored or is it just a survivor?

Like everyone else has said, resist the urge to do any kind of build up and keep this as stock and original as possible. Maybe replace all the bushings and worn suspension with new but keep it stock. For 34 years of age this thing is beautiful and deserves conservation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom