New axle shaft too short. Remote location.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It would help if you post year and model!
Now if you have a 70 series then a longer C.V.(birfield) is what you want.
The newer 80 series C.V. will fit.
If you have part-time or electric hubs you can convert that side to functional by removing the parts and simply add a drive flange of the appropriate thickness.
Note my 75series...one part-time hub on drivers side, full-time on passenger side.
The 79 series will fit, But you need to file or machine the top outer splines to fit the drive flange.

View attachment 4216626

View attachment 4216627

View attachment 4216628
I did post the year and model number near the top of the thread.

2016 HZJ79R-TJMRS
 
So...

The wrong axles were supplied by the parts supplier. I was going to use the old shaft like @Broski said. Once I started cleaning it up and sanding it to get the burs out I noticed it was bent. I was able to find the short end of the shaft locally (we are in a remote town in Papua New Guinea which is a remote island country) and thank the Lord got it installed and put back together.

Thanks for all the input!
 
Back
Top Bottom