New 60 Owner with questions and concerns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In a world full of problems; "My vintage collector's 4x4 is not as smooth as my luxury sedan." is a pretty good one to have.
IMG_2418.JPG

I need to stop trying to fix things that are not broken. I took the heater controls section of the dash apart to see if my light in the rear heater switch was repairable. I decided to check my cig lighter too. One of the wires to the lighter was disconnected, and since I wanted to add a USB plug to the lighter socket, I plugged it in. I also noticed there was a 3rd wire that seems to be designed to plug into the center post of the socket. I assume that the PO has played in here and likely replaced the lighter socket. When I tried to plug in the 3rd center wire, there was a little spark (or maybe 3-4 times there was a little spark) but the lighter seemed to work without this being plugged in. I left it as it was - unplugged.

Now, all my dash lights are out, and my rear heat switch will not turn the unit on. All fuses are good, all rear and exterior lights work, everything works - except the rear heat blower and the cluster lights. The gauges all work, break, seat belt, turn, and 4x4 light. shoot - even the seatbelt light and warning buzzer work. Just dark gauge lights (and rear heat blower)

Any thoughts on what I have screwed u now? I did check to insure the dimmer was not turned down, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom