Need Toyota Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Couple of questions. One from me, and one from my Dad.

I was on hold with my local Toyota dealership for half an hour and had to run before they took my call.

I'm converting the front end of my 2002 LC to a 06-07. I need a couple of small parts (clips, nuts) to complete the job. I ordered all the parts thus far online. Here is my question:

Do Toyota Dealerships typically stock these types of small items? I'm wondering if I can pick up parts today or if I should order them.

Second question:

My dad has a GX470 and needs new shocks/struts. He's seeing astronomical prices from Lexus dealerships ($400 per side installed). Similarly, I read that it costs about $40/per side for new shocks on my LC, but when I called the dealership I got quoted $117 IIRC per shock (not installed).

Where should we be looking for parts?

Toyota parts departments generally do not have Land Cruiser-specific parts in stock... I work for one, and they just laugh at me unless it's general stuff like air filters, oil filters, etc. and I work for the largest Toyota dealership in the NY Capital District.

Toyotaonlineparts is a decent source, or you could go through one of the vendors here for peace of mind in ordering the correct thing instead of second-guessing.

In terms of the Lexus parts, not too sure about that, it's the Land Cruiser Prado overseas and shares it's platform with the 4Runner, so you could look there.

There are many threads on parts here on MUD. A quick search will turn up lots of sources. I have an arrangement with my local dealer for 25% off retail for parts, but not all of them do that. As @landylover21 wrote, use a MUD vendor if possible. For some common parts, you can get basic pricing info off Amazon too, just by typing in the part number. For example, here are the fronts for the GX470 and the Land Cruiser.

Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota Front Shock for Lexus GX470: Automotive

Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota 48511-69625 Shock Absorber Set: Automotive

There are many threads on parts here on MUD. A quick search will turn up lots of sources. I have an arrangement with my local dealer for 25% off retail for parts, but not all of them do that. As @landylover21 wrote, use a MUD vendor if possible. For some common parts, you can get basic pricing info off Amazon too, just by typing in the part number. For example, here are the fronts for the GX470 and the Land Cruiser.

Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota Front Shock for Lexus GX470: Automotive

Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota 48511-69625 Shock Absorber Set: Automotive

Thanks guys

I was unsure because I've never ordered anything at an actual dealership. I went in and got the parts ordered - they'll be in tomorrow. I also got a quote for shocks and the guy who helped me said he would give me 25% off anything I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom