Need to fix Sunroof in Orange County, Ca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Nov 23, 2023
Threads
8
Messages
48
Location
Anaheim Hills, Ca
Need to fix a leaking sunroof for my 1997 FZJ80, I am located in Orange County, Ca, anybody can recommend a good shop that can do it and that know about our specific models?

We tried already cleaning the channels, still leaks to down the pillars.

Thank you.
 
Need to fix a leaking sunroof for my 1997 FZJ80, I am located in Orange County, Ca, anybody can recommend a good shop that can do it and that know about our specific models?

We tried already cleaning the channels, still leaks to down the pillars.

Thank you.

Have you tried to use out door painters tape ( the good chit ) on the sunroof seals to make sure it’s not your windshield? Don’t go through the car wash like this but a hose would do just try to simulate moderate rain if possible. Heck you could really have both problems. I know I do 🤣 it’s on the never ending list of stuff that never had to get done by the PO. The 30yo cooling system was more important to me to fix at first.
Plus I’m semi afraid of the ramifications of opening the sunroof to find out it’s now broken. I’ve owned my 80 3 years and I’ve never checked if the sunroof works….. a real snatch if you ask me, but I don’t wanna open that can of worms that bad.
Best of luck! The tarp method ain’t so bad 🥳
 
Have you tried to use out door painters tape ( the good chit ) on the sunroof seals to make sure it’s not your windshield? Don’t go through the car wash like this but a hose would do just try to simulate moderate rain if possible. Heck you could really have both problems. I know I do 🤣 it’s on the never ending list of stuff that never had to get done by the PO. The 30yo cooling system was more important to me to fix at first.
Plus I’m semi afraid of the ramifications of opening the sunroof to find out it’s now broken. I’ve owned my 80 3 years and I’ve never checked if the sunroof works….. a real snatch if you ask me, but I don’t wanna open that can of worms that bad.
Best of luck! The tarp method ain’t so bad 🥳
Good point, will look at the windshield too ... yes there is a long list, and being my second 80 I think there will always be a list but happy do it, the car is too fun to drive :)
 
Back
Top Bottom