Need some headlight troubleshooting help (Please!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.irontonforge.com
Could use some help troubleshooting my headlight problem... About a year ago, I installed the Slee Headlight Harness along with 9011/9012 bulbs. All has been fine. I have enjoyed the upgrade!

I recently had the battery boxes out while replacing all coolant components, front crankshaft seal, oil pump gasket, blah, blah, blah.

Today I have this... 1st pic is high beam, 2nd pic is low beam. I have checked the headlight socket connections and grounds, they all look good.

Any advise will be much appreciated! Thank you for your time!

20180406_141915.jpg

20180406_141950.jpg

Last edited:
What happens when you swap the relays? What are the voltages at the headlight plugs?

I had problems like that so I pulled the harness out and ran on the OEM wiring. Still works great after 6 years.

Ground wire issues.

Did you check the relays you added when you put in the Slee harness?
What happens when you swap the relays? What are the voltages at the headlight plugs?

Thank you all for the input. I think srf18 and ZackR wins! I have 14.5 volts going to one of the relays, but only 4.78 coming out. The relays are only a year old... so I assumed they were still in good shape. They look new! The things I learn...

Thanks again! I appreciate everyone's time!! :clap:

Thank you all for the input. I think srf18 and ZackR wins! I have 14.5 volts going to one of the relays, but only 4.78 coming out. The relays are only a year old... so I assumed they were still in good shape. They look new! The things I learn...

Thanks again! I appreciate everyone's time!! :clap:

That could still be the case if your ground wires are not connected or inadequate. The lights are trying to reverse-ground by going through everything else to reach ground. The bulbs themselves are the restriction. Hence only 4.78 V out.....

That could still be the case if your ground wires are not connected or inadequate. The lights are trying to reverse-ground by going through everything else to reach ground. The bulbs themselves are the restriction. Hence only 4.78 V out.....

I understand. You can eat off my grounds! :) I once did a frame off restoration of a 1974 Fj40... I became quite anal regarding grounds... a habit that continues today. ;)

I understand. You can eat off my grounds! :) I once did a frame off restoration of a 1974 Fj40... I became quite anal regarding grounds... a habit that continues today. ;)

Time to prove they are as clean as they look... break out the multimeter and do some continuity tests.

I had problems like that so I pulled the harness out and ran on the OEM wiring. Still works great after 6 years.
Yup. Same thing here. @Anvil do a search and you will find that there are many that went back to factory due to same issue. This was one of those mods that looking back didn’t make sense. I didn’t have a headlight issue before so why did I buy it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom