Need HZJ77or Prado (suspension Seats) volunteer in WA/OR area for Planted Seat Brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I am looking for someone in the WA/OR area that will be kind enough to volunteer to lend their HZ77 or Prado (with suspension seats) to Planted Seat Brackets for 2-3 days so they can use it to design a bracket that will work for the 77. I know a lot of people want after market seats but don't go that route because there are no adapters on the market. They are located in Kirkland, WA.

Thank you

Last edited:
I am using suspension bases with scheel-mann seats using bride brackets/rails. Bride makes brackets that fit right onto the suspension bases but you have to buy them out of Japan using a proxy service. They are not sold in the US. Getting the scheel-mann to fit onto the bride bracket requires very little modification.

bracket1.jpg
bracket3.jpg

Last edited:
Is this just an HZ77 thing or could the proposed bracket be used for other 70 series suspension bases? Planted's consumer base would widen substantially in the latter case. I have an '89 BJ73 with suspension seats and am very interested in a solution here.

To be honest, you could probably get away with removing the suspension base itself from the seat/floor and mailing it to planted for getting a bracket itself fitted on top of it if no one volunteers to bring their rig to their facility.

Is this just an HZ77 thing or could the proposed bracket be used for other 70 series suspension bases? Planted's consumer base would widen substantially in the latter case. I have an '89 BJ73 with suspension seats and am very interested in a solution here.
I believe it would work for all the 70s with suspension brackets for production reason i doubt Toyota had multiple variations of the brackets. I know for a fact my Prado (LJ78) had the same suspension brackets as my 77.

To be honest, you could probably get away with removing the suspension base itself from the seat/floor and mailing it to planted for getting a bracket itself fitted on top of it if no one volunteers to bring their rig to their facility.
That was my initial suggestion but they said no they want the whole car for exact fitment. I cant blame them i wouldn't want unsatisfied customers. I had some brackets fabricated last year they work but my neck starts hurting after really long trips because its not completely centered.

That was my initial suggestion but they said no they want the whole car for exact fitment. I cant blame them i wouldn't want unsatisfied customers. I had some brackets fabricated last year they work but my neck starts hurting after really long trips because its not completely centered.

Makes sense completely. I would have bought my brackets from planted had they had these available for suspension bases back then but I am happy with the Bride bracket set up and it hasn't given me any problems.

I volunteer as tribute. I have an LJ78 in Duvall WA. I just want a free set of brackets. PM if interested.

If anyone is interested in some brackets you can purchase them now from Planted Seat Brackets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom