Need help with an electrical issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

81Red60

SILVER Star
Threads
The other day I replaced my battery and battery cables with the kit from fourrunner. While replacing the cables I noticed that the previous owner had cut out the fusible link and had the red, black and white alt wire directly wired in using a wire nut. I cut that out and ran a ten gauge wire from the positive to a bus bar. From the bus bar I made a new fusible link of 20 and 18 gauge wire that was six inches long and then finally wired directly back into the wire harness.

I was very proud of myself but now I get nothing from the starter. I checked the fan wire chart and all the other accessories like lights, horn, wiper work. I am new to electrical, am I missing something?

Thank you. My wife is not happy that my project/back up car is down again so the sooner I get it running again the better for my marriage.

Problem is the connectors on both sides of the harness were cut off. Can I wire directly into the fusible link with some spade connectors? Or does anyone know where I can get the harness end of the connectors.

The battery end of the harness is NLA, and the wiring harness end plug is NLA, but you're not SOL.

It is perfectly acceptable to splice/crimp your own connectors to the ends of the wires and fusible link. That's what I did on the battery side since I replaced the positive battery stud clamp.

image.jpeg

That is actually pretty ingenious OS... Especially considering the fusible link itself is still available according to Onur.

Output shaft

HOw did you connect the wire from the battery to the three wires for the fusible link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom