Need help on 20R!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi guys!

New member here but really like Toyotas and really need help. I've tried using the search funct but can't seem to find anything.

I've got a 1980 pickup with the 20R and the timing chain was going bad. I called a friend of mine who told me he knew how to do it and helped me replace it except we can't seem to remember how all the brackets over the timing cover went on.

The two top bolts are too long so I'm thinking i might be missing a bracket or something like that.

Does anyone have any pictures or diagrams of the front of the 20R with all the brackets on?

really would like to get this back together since its my daily.

Thnks!

Dont remember, but next time, take a pizza box top, draw the outlines of the parts, punch a hole, and put bolt in position.

I seem to recall the long bolt went on top/side to connect alt bracket?

Dont remember, but next time, take a pizza box top, draw the outlines of the parts, punch a hole, and put bolt in position.

I seem to recall the long bolt went on top/side to connect alt bracket?

Yeah I've got that one figured out the one I don't have figured out is the one on other side where the a/c & smog pump would go.

Thanks for the advice haven't worked on cars too much so definitely need to learn.

do you have any pics of a 20r?

alt bracket

KIMG0159[1].JPG

If it's your first time doing something it's always a really good idea to take pictures as you go. That way if there's any confusion down the road you got something to reference and you can make sure you get it done right!

If it's your first time doing something it's always a really good idea to take pictures as you go. That way if there's any confusion down the road you got something to reference and you can make sure you get it done right!

thx will remember that in the future. hopefully yall will see my truck come back to life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom