Need help, defrost hose routing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Threads
67
Messages
595
Location
Renton, WA
Where does the passenger side defroster hose route? Seems like it goes up through the glove box, across the rear, then over that lip, above the speaker and to the dash. Is this correct? I’m questioning this because the gap between the outermost passenger side of the glovebox and the cowl is narrow.

And while I'm at it. What route through those tabs in the upper front of the glovebox?

IMG_8087.webp
image.webp
 
On my 72 both defroster tubes come out of the heater box, do a 90 straight up and plug on the vents at the windshield.

Year model market helps get a good answer sooner.
 
By this diagram the routing is under the glovebox. My guess would be behind the heater duct. Over it where the duct attached to the blower.
View attachment 4220745

It may go under the heater duct. That clamp may attach to the duct.
Thanks. I’ll give it a try. Gonna be tight to fit it through there with the giant AC blower.
 
Thanks. I’ll give it a try. Gonna be tight to fit it through there with the giant AC blower.

I am not around my 79 to verify the use for the hangers in the glovebox. My 73 while smaller hangers are used for a wiring harness. The side defrost started 8/76 (77 model) and was an option. While I have a couple of sets of the side defrost I never had cruiser with them installed. I also do not know the height of the hose in the in the main defrost duct the side defrost fits in. I do remember the side defrost hose is made with an angle on that end. Designed for wider section needs to be at the top so diverts air down the side drost hole. Would think makes sense to start end at the dash. But might be harder get the other end correct. But test the routing would start at the dash and see the best routing to the main defrost hose. Might also check if see some where to attach a clamp like the one in the diagram. Seems I remember a small clamp for the cable to for damper in the blower that either recycles the cab or uses air from outside.
 
Back
Top Bottom