Need Help 2000 LC considering for purchase. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
undercarriage 5.jpg

undercarriage 4.jpg
undercarriage 3.jpg

undercarriage 2.jpg
undercarriage 1.jpg

It depends on the price and what you want to do with it. If you’re going to keep it forever, pass. If it’s a winter beater and it’s cheap, go for it. Just realize everything you work on will require this, along with heat and swearing.

Attachments

• 5E53373B-0967-40FC-8BF2-723A012AF430.jpeg
    5E53373B-0967-40FC-8BF2-723A012AF430.jpeg
    542.9 KB · Views: 45
It depends on the price and what you want to do with it. If you’re going to keep it forever, pass. If it’s a winter beater and it’s cheap, go for it. Just realize everything you work on will require this, along with heat and swearing.
Thanks! The price is 12,000 and I plan on keeping forever. I’ll keep looking for better options. Thanks again.

Thanks! The price is 12,000 and I plan on keeping forever. I’ll keep looking for better options. Thanks again.
If you have $12k to spend, then you need to start looking at all of the rust-free 100s in the southern US and disregard everything east of 100*W and north of 36.5*N.

There are good ones out there, be patient.

maybe 10k depending on mileage. Get a shot under the spare tire as that area usually looks the worst. If there’s any codes related to exhaust hard pass...rusty cats and exhaust will lead to eventual big spend repair. lessons I learned buying a rusty one
- decent news is the one pictured looks Nekkid, so someone isn’t trying to hide rust. Could be surface
- expect to be ordering additional bolts, related hoses, etc when you do repair work And or find a mechanic that doesn’t piss and moan about a little rust or drilling out bolts
- depending on mileage and maintenance history and interior condition being on the good to pretty good side...maybe 9-10k. Market is at premium right now

No chance at all that thing is worth $12k with that undercarriage. For $12k you should expect very little rust. If you're in Virginia, be open to traveling to purchase.

maybe 10k depending on mileage. Get a shot under the spare tire as that area usually looks the worst. If there’s any codes related to exhaust hard pass...rusty cats and exhaust will lead to eventual big spend repair. lessons I learned buying a rusty one
- decent news is the one pictured looks Nekkid, so someone isn’t trying to hide rust. Could be surface
- expect to be ordering additional bolts, related hoses, etc when you do repair work And or find a mechanic that doesn’t piss and moan about a little rust or drilling out bolts
- depending on mileage and maintenance history and interior condition being on the good to pretty good side...maybe 9-10k. Market is at premium right now
Thanks for feedback. Milage is at 171,000 one owner, and has been in NY and PA the majority of life. I maintenance record looks good, and it shows that the cats were replaced. The timing belt has not been replaced from what I saw on the maintenance record from Toyota. I'll most than likely pass and be patient like one of the other members mentioned.

1.jpg

10.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Thats what mine looks like, and its an 04 with 150k. I paid 9k 2 years ago. id pay 7k or less for this one

Yeahhhh, interior looks good. That mileage is failrly low. Landcruiser have a premium vs lx’s But given it’s been in my/pa it’s whole life I’d pass on it as a forever car if your budget is 12k. This forum has a high population of rust snobs and unicorn grandma church mobile chasers. Real expectation is youre not going to get be alone in the competition pool for 12k with that kind of miles and basically rust free. Offers will take any potentials way over that. Speed to execute buy rules! Search often and be ready

That LX looks MUCH better, and having some change from your $12k to baseline/recover seats, whatever is a good thing too.

Yes MUCH better. See IF you can find any service records on it having a Transmission rebuild or replacement. Certain manufacture dates in 2000 had issues with A343F trans.

On ANY used vehicle expect to put some money into it to 'baseline' it (change fluids, possibly brakes, etc). But that one is much more like what you want to look at.

Also give us the paint code on the door sticker. IF that is Smoky Topaz Mica....there were issues with that paint color. Code 1C2

Yes MUCH better. See IF you can find any service records on it having a Transmission rebuild or replacement. Certain manufacture dates in 2000 had issues with A343F trans.

On ANY used vehicle expect to put some money into it to 'baseline' it (change fluids, possibly brakes, etc). But that one is much more like what you want to look at.
Thanks, I'll do more research on the service record.

Thanks, I'll do more research on the service record.

Good luck with it. Hope pans out for you. And welcome to the forum.

Flint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom