Need glass and headliner installer recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Southeast Overland

Get lost! Go explore!
Threads
Website
www.southeastoverland.com
I'm about to have a headliner and new windshield installed. The windshield is cracked so it should be replaced under my auto insurance but while it is out I want to have the headliner replaced also. Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop around Greenville/Travelers Rest that will both install a headliner and windshield?

Pig or FJC?

Got a guy up here in Fletcher, but that is 30 + miles from TR, do you think the piggy would even make it that far...j/k

Got a guy up here in Fletcher, but that is 30 + miles from TR, do you think the piggy would even make it that far...j/k

:flipoff2:

it had better since she is taking the wife and I to Michigan and back in August.

Will your 'guy' file the insurance for the glass? It would be awesome to drop the Pig off in the morning and pick it up ready to go later in the day.

:flipoff2:

it had better since she is taking the wife and I to Michigan and back in August.

Will your 'guy' file the insurance for the glass? It would be awesome to drop the Pig off in the morning and pick it up ready to go later in the day.

You found a windshield yet? Let me know where cause I need one too and they ain't easy.

HEY!!!! This was my 2000th post! yeah!!!

Steve might want to check with the insurance company first. Most have a contract with just one or two places. If you take it to someone and then go file the claim they may not cover it.

Most places want to come out and do the install at your home or work. I would get the insurance company to tell you who they use and call them. Tell them what you need done. If worse comes to worse you could take the glass out yourself and then go have the headliner done somewhere and then have the glass company install the new WS over at that place. I bet that happens all the time.

Steve might want to check with the insurance company first. Most have a contract with just one or two places. If you take it to someone and then go file the claim they may not cover it.

Most places want to come out and do the install at your home or work. I would get the insurance company to tell you who they use and call them. Tell them what you need done. If worse comes to worse you could take the glass out yourself and then go have the headliner done somewhere and then have the glass company install the new WS over at that place. I bet that happens all the time.

I had a windshield replaced with the same insurance co about 6 years ago. I called and they basically said "we don't care who installs it" (State Farm). I meant to call State Farm today to check with them but was too busy.

Heather - I'm leaving it up to the glass co to find the windshield. I've heard that they are available. I'll give them a heads up and see what happens.

I have an appt to have the glass and headliner replaced on June 5th.

SOR is shipping the headliner (I hope it gets here on time).

Glass is being covered by insurance but it would have only cost $240 installed. I made sure it was for the 55 and not 40 and the guy said it was for the 55, and will probably be PPG. That sounds awfully cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom