Need favor from 4 speed owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have a big favor to ask of some someone with a 4 speed transmission. I wonder if one of you could crawl under your truck when you happen to have your splash shield off and photograph and feel for the transmission breather. My breather is plastic and rotates/wiggles on it's horizontal axis when I reach up with a hand and manipulate it. I'm just concerned about whether it is supposed to do this, or is supposed to be solid? I really don't want water getting in there.

The easiest way to access it is from the passenger side, reaching up past the front right of the transmission pan. I was even able to get my phone up into that space and take a picture.

I'd be super grateful to anyone who could help!

FYI,
I asked for knowledge about the breather here:
Transmission breather woes
but didn't get much response, so I guess nobody knows off hand. The part, btw, is 90930-03098

Thanks!

IMG_2701-2.PNG

THANK YOU!

It's a huge load off my mind that yours wiggles too. I actually did a few water crossings last weekend and it has been weighing on my mind. That yours wiggles too is a big relief.

IMG_2739.JPG

I've seen this on my Jeep XJ and it wiggled too, not a tight fit. I think maybe when you first buy it its tight but after the heat and cool of a few years they loosen up. I doubt you'd ever get any water in there regardless you'd have to be submerged for a while and almost have pressure... feel at peace.

It actually kind of bothers me that it's loose, but it is pretty high up there. You'd have to work hard to get water in it

I was up to my door sills over the weekend. Another foot would do it! Hopefully that wiggly fitting is attached to some internal hose or something and isn't really a leakage hazard.

It actually kind of bothers me that it's loose, but it is pretty high up there. You'd have to work hard to get water in it

Thow some RTV around it ease your worries

I was up to my door sills over the weekend. Another foot would do it! Hopefully that wiggly fitting is attached to some internal hose or something and isn't really a leakage hazard.

There isnt. At least not in the heep, fitting goes directly into the transmission case.

Anytime you go into very deep water you should check the tranny fluid after the fun. The hundy is no submarine you'll always have water intrude even when taking all the precautions. I kind of think it's funny when people worry so much... have you seen the bottom of the hundy? there is at least 3 dozen drain holes water can leak into before it even gets to your seat. Hell the shifter cable is lower than the breather hose..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom