Need a motor for my 86 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.eastcoastautowerks.com
hi gang,

Compression way low in all cylinders and number is blowing air back into the radiator. Previous owner told me the head was just redone and machined not more than 100 miles ago. The tech that has it thinks it could be a cracked head or block. Any motors out there I could rebuild and swap?

You bought the truck like that? Any chance at going to get your money back?

Easiest option is to buy a used 2f from a place like cruiser junktion or cruiserparts.net and swap it in.

Used motor or if you want better power and driveability, without breaking the bank, a 350 swap is the way go.

Plenty of places that sell used 2fs. Johnny mentioned a few but here are others. Talk to @Trollhole, he may have a take out from a swap he did or know a customer looking to offload one.

I have a 77 i dont really want to part with but may. And not sure if it would work well in place of an 86. Def smof differences but that's a late 2f so likely a few more changes. Def pulleys and acc up front. But if you find it can work hit me up offline. I still need to swing by and check out the place. Sounds like i just missed you at Ryans a couple times now.

Random: I bought a 2f about ten years back a couple blocks from your shop. Kurt. Or kirk. Ronny worked it over for me just another block or so down english.

Amen sorry we missed each other. Definitely looking for options for this 16 model. It only has 98,000 original miles on it and it is super clean. It’s over at Mike blackmon’s right now. Come on over to the shop when you get a chance. Good things are happening

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom