Nav Override FAQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Check this out:

A company called Prestigious Society has a module that will override the navigation functions while you are driving.

This is a Toyota and Lexus specific unit.

The Prestigious Society "plug and play" override module is a passive and non-obtrusive OEM vehicle enhancement designed to bypass all the system lockouts associated with the factory navigation and entertainment systems.

Key features:

• Enter and edit destinations
  • Enter and edit Points of Interests (POIs)
  • Browse the phone and address book
  • Dial phone numbers on the numeric keypad
  • Browse music folders and playlists from MP3 discs and/or HDD audio sources.
In short, features and controls that are normally available when your vehicle is in the "Park" position become available while the vehicle is in motion when the override is activated.

The DVD/Video override feature built into this override module is designed to enable full video playback for your passengers. If your vehicle is equipped with Rear Seat Entertainment System (RSES) option, the DVD/Video override will unlock the video on the navigation screen while the vehicle is in motion. If your vehicle is not equipped with factory RSES, the override module is compatible with many popular 3rd party video inputs which will enable video playback via the navigation screen.

Here is their website:
Prestigious Society - GPS Navigation Override for Lexus and Toyota

And brochure:
http://www.prestigioussociety.com/pdfpage/Toyota Navigation and Video Override Brochure.pdf

I am in contact with them now to find out about their unit for us 200-series owners, but it looks promising.

I will let everyone know what I find out from them.

I'm talking to them about possibly setting up a group buy option for us when the unit is available, but it should be soon.

This is great news, if all goes well!

Great find! Keep us posted.

JB,

Count me in for the group buy.

Sbly

Thanks. I think I can count every single 200-series owner here on IH8MUD for a group buy :D

Count me in FO-SURE!!! Like you said, you can probably count everyone in, but I just don't want to be left out.

Update: I've been in contact with Mark at Prestigious Society and have arranged for my LC to be a test vehicle.

I am getting the unit by Friday and will install it this weekend. As soon as I do, I will post a few pics of video in motion and the new unlocked interface.

Hopefully, with the knowledge that this works 100% on the LC200, they will be releasing the unit. I will let you guys know as soon as I hear that it is a "go" and you can contact them directly for ordering.

I will also discuss again the possibility of a group buy.

Keep you guys posted!

great news! I'm anxious to hear how it goes.

Any thoughts on install? What does the unit comprise of, and how tough would the install be you think? Please take pics of install.

Thanks.

I will go for the "group buy". It is asking for $349, when other models are going for $250 to ($299 even the LX 570).

great news! I'm anxious to hear how it goes.

Any thoughts on install? What does the unit comprise of, and how tough would the install be you think? Please take pics of install.

Thanks.

As far as I know, it's completely plug and play. You just remove the headunit and plug this devise into the back. THe original harness then connects to this. No other wires necessary. I will post is to the difficulty, but I can get behind my headunit in under 15 minutes (been back there many times).

I will go for the "group buy". It is asking for $349, when other models are going for $250 to ($299 even the LX 570).

I don't know about the final pricing (I don't work for them -- just testing), but I will see what they can do about a group buy once they are ready to release this unit.

Update: Good news! I installed this mod tonight and it works great!

Finally I get to use my GPS while driving (and even play videos in the front...for the passenger of course).

When I get all of the pics downloaded, I will post a few of the unit working and of the installed switch.

I need to finalize everything with Prestigious Society, but will post back once this unit is released.

Here is a picture of a movie playing while driving, proof that the override works!

(notice the speedometer)

IMG_0624.jpg

Here is where I installed the switch to allow operation of the navigation while driving. There are 2 buttons: NAVI and TV. You press NAVI when you want to ever a destination and then again to return back to proper operation.

When you press the TV button, you can watch movies on the screen (for those that have the rear seat entertainment option) while the vehicle is in motion.

IMG_0622.jpg

JB, OT, what does the "AUX" switch/button/panel do on the flat pad below the cig lighter and 12v outlet? We dont get whatever that is in Oz.

That is a 3.5mm audio jack to plug in auxiliary audio devices, such as an ipod, hd radio, mp3 player, etc.

No install pics? Will this work if you have the ipod interface installed?

The install is straight forward. You just plug a small box into the back of your headunit and then plug the factory harness into a harness on the box. Then you connect a wire over to the satnav computer inline of the gps antenna. It's quite easy.

Yes, this will work if you have the ipod interface installed. The audio interface is a separate harness from the navigation interface, so this will not interfere. I don't have the iPod myself, so I'm not sure how it interfaces with the screen. Is there anything that you cannot do while in motion (ie. does the lockout prevent you from selecting artists, albums and scrolling through songs)? If so, this will overcome that.

I use CD's with tons of MP3 files on them. The factory headunit recognizes this type of disc and will allow me to view folders and select files. However, once the vehicle is in motion, I loose the ability to view folders/files. With this product, I can now do this!

For me, the lockout is the greatest annoyance with any vehicle. Overcoming this is probably the most useful everyday modification I've made to date.

So no wire hack?

Any help me get a copy of the install directions for the ipod interface? I'm sure it shows how to dismantle the dash.

When you order the override, it will come with directions on how to do this.

And no, there is no wire hack. One one end of the unit you simply plug into the satnav computer and on the other end you plug the antenna into it. Then there is a harness for behind the headunit. There are only 2 inline connections to be made.

Ordered!!!

Thanks for the heads up JB. I should see it in 7 - 10 days (darn international shipping!!!).

Please let me know if you are able to post pictures when you do your install. I ordered it as well. Thank you so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom