Nashville repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had any luck with repair shops in the greater Nashville area? CS Auto is totally out of the old vehicle repair game.

I have a 1984 Pickup that's got a leaky carb and is overheating. Anyone found a good person or shop these days?

full

)

Right on, I've seen his name mentioned a few times, might just have to make the 45 mile trek! Hard part is getting back home

Duke Auto at 207 Crutchfield Ave 615-589-0159 was recommended to me quite some time back. I went by his shop to drop off my Land Cruiser but couldn't get close enough to the place to park because of all the cars he had to work on and I never made it back. All the cars in his lot could mean he's busy as hell, or it could mean he's slow as hell. But the fact that he's got all those cars there to begin with should mean something. Everything from Porsches to pickups. The customer area is the way I like it. Grease and oil everywhere. Good luck.

Duke Auto at 207 Crutchfield Ave 615-589-0159 was recommended to me quite some time back. I went by his shop to drop off my Land Cruiser but couldn't get close enough to the place to park because of all the cars he had to work on and I never made it back. All the cars in his lot could mean he's busy as hell, or it could mean he's slow as hell. But the fact that he's got all those cars there to begin with should mean something. Everything from Porsches to pickups. The customer area is the way I like it. Grease and oil everywhere. Good luck.

Ha! Hard to tell if that is more of a recommendation or a warning. Feels like both :D

Stop by over there sometime and scope it out. If he'd had room I would have left the LC there. Right now I got nobody but me and my hands are too fat and my back is too old to be able to twist and contort to get at the stuff I need gettin' at.

I'll give you a lift home if you need it.

TLC Automotive
242 E James Campbell Blvd
Columbia, TN 38401

(931) 548-2154

Barry will take good care of you. He is the best Toyota guy around.

Trust us, don't bother going anywhere else. Tried another "reputable" shop that was a little closer to me when I bought my truck last year. Estimate was crazy expensive including new steering wheel pump to fix some laxity I felt in the steering. Barry knew instantly it was just in need of caster correction after the previous owner put a 3" lift on. Worth the 45 mile drive, for sure.

Hell, grab a friend and drive your rig and the little pickup down there to Barry's, drop off the pickup and spend the afternoon playing at Wooly's. it's only like 15 minutes past Barry's.

I live in Chapel Hill , let me know when you are going to drop it off and I'll give you a ride home. But you'll not go wrong letting Barry fix your truck. He is the Ninja warrior when it comes to Toyota's.

hey guys - just found this thread, needing to have a couple things done on my 95 - but the thread being a couple years old now, just wanted to see if Barry was still the top recommendation?
And would you recommend him over Toyota?

I will say he’s REALLY backed up right now so don’t be surprised if he can’t get to your rig right away, but he’s the best for sure.

Does Barry do bumper installs/is knowledgeable about AHC? I have an 06 LC I’d like to add a front ARB w/ lights and probably replace the rear springs with OEM AHC and just want to make sure everything comes away in spec.

“AHC”?
Not ringing any bells for me but he’s been a toyota certified master mechanic for years. There’s nothing he cant do/hasn’t already done to these vehicles.

Never seen anybody go the other way so not sure. Not saying it can't be done, but if it didn't have AHC to start with, then finding ALL the little bits and making sure the computers and wiring are there to use will be the biggest issue. Otherwise should be doable.

AHC = automatic height control.

Maybe look for someone doing the delete and picing up all their parts. Wiring is going to be the biggest hurdle I forsee if it's not there. On th GX there is a completely separate harness for ride controlling the front shocks and running the compressor. Are you looking for towing/ payload capacity whilst staying level? If so some aftermarket bags inside the coils would be an easier option.

All that to say it is doable, and I'm sure he has the knowledge to do it.

Never seen anybody go the other way so not sure.

To clear up confusion, my 06 LC has AHC (the large majority of 06 and 07 do, it was an option in those years only). I’m not looking to swap conventional to AHC just maintain the correct pressures to prolong the life of the system. When it fails I will swap to conventional but no need to preemptively shell out money in my mind.

Since I’ve posted I found that it’s no different that replacing springs in the normal setup, so knowledge of AHC is less of a concern. At this point though I’m really just looking for a bumper install and I’m sure a more local shop can do this easily. As much as I’d love to support Barry, the distance and hours of operation make it a more difficult proposition...

To clear up confusion, my 06 LC has AHC (the large majority of 06 and 07 do, it was an option in those years only). I’m not looking to swap conventional to AHC just maintain the correct pressures to prolong the life of the system. When it fails I will swap to conventional but no need to preemptively shell out money in my mind.

Since I’ve posted I found that it’s no different that replacing springs in the normal setup, so knowledge of AHC is less of a concern. At this point though I’m really just looking for a bumper install and I’m sure a more local shop can do this easily. As much as I’d love to support Barry, the distance and hours of operation make it a more difficult proposition...

Gotcha.

As far as bumper installs. Give Albert at Mill Creek Automotive a call. He is in Nolensville and I think he is an ARB dealer. He has a Toyota master tech on his payroll and is who I use if I need work done that I can't or dont feel like fooling with. Great guy. He has an 80 and one of his main techs drives a built FJ. He also works on exotics and old iron and pretty much everything in between.

Gotcha.

As far as bumper installs. Give Albert at Mill Creek Automotive a call. He is in Nolensville and I think he is an ARB dealer. He has a Toyota master tech on his payroll and is who I use if I need work done that I can't or dont feel like fooling with. Great guy. He has an 80 and one of his main techs drives a built FJ. He also works on exotics and old iron and pretty much everything in between.

I had a great experiece here with my LC200, based on this recommendation. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom