My Toyota Parts search Expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I get wind of a 1983 FJ43 in a small town 3 hours outside of Medellin. So I rent a Chevy Sail and head out to see it. We get to this small town way up in the mountains. It was a beautiful day for cruiser hunting. So we arrive in this small town, and we meet up with the seller. We then walk over to a garage to see this truck. In pictures it looked great, but when we started seeing it in person we saw the remnants of bad paint job from hell. Paint was bubbly all over it was a shame as it was truly a nice looking dune beige FJ43 from 15 ft away. Even though our plans for this rig is to do a full resto, it just was that maybe we would uncover a lot more than we bargained for when we blast the tub. So we passed on this one as well. We decided to go to other small towns in the area, and didnt have much luck. We were ready to call it a day until we decided to give it one last shot. So we took a detour and headed to the last town. It was getting dark and we started climbing the mountain in this small 4 banger Chevy which it did really well considering. We arrive in this small mountain town and the first thing we did was to find the main church which is almost always located in the center of town. We were lucky we found it cause we later found out this town has over 17 churches. LOL. When we arrived this is what we found.

IMG_4515.JPG
IMG_4534.JPG
IMG_4535.JPG
IMG_4536.JPG

We then found and purchased another 1983 FJ43 Dune Beige. Here is the truck with its previous owner.

IMG_4544.JPG

So I get wind of a 1983 FJ43 in a small town 3 hours outside of Medellin. So I rent a Chevy Sail and head out to see it. We get to this small town way up in the mountains. It was a beautiful day for cruiser hunting. So we arrive in this small town, and we meet up with the seller. We then walk over to a garage to see this truck. In pictures it looked great, but when we started seeing it in person we saw the remnants of bad paint job from hell. Paint was bubbly all over it was a shame as it was truly a nice looking dune beige FJ43 from 15 ft away. Even though our plans for this rig is to do a full resto, it just was that maybe we would uncover a lot more than we bargained for when we blast the tub. So we passed on this one as well. We decided to go to other small towns in the area, and didnt have much luck. We were ready to call it a day until we decided to give it one last shot. So we took a detour and headed to the last town. It was getting dark and we started climbing the mountain in this small 4 banger Chevy which it did really well considering. We arrive in this small mountain town and the first thing we did was to find the main church which is almost always located in the center of town. We were lucky we found it cause we later found out this town has over 17 churches. LOL. When we arrived this is what we found.

View attachment 1207538 View attachment 1207540 View attachment 1207541 View attachment 1207542

We then found and purchased another 1983 FJ43 Dune Beige. Here is the truck with its previous owner.

View attachment 1207545

What the hell?!?! That is freaking awesome!!

Almost 2 Year Update

Wow I can't believe I am 2 months away from the 2 Year anniversary of this thread starting. Thanks to Ih8mud and all you guys who believed in my from the very beginning. Thanks to you Land Cruiser Heaven has grown tremendously. These past 2 years have been a journey full of ups and downs from our initial headaches with getting everyone's stuff exported, to wondering where the hell I would be unloading my first container (thanks @mel lowe), to countless nights packaging and boxing up everyone's orders, to juggling between my day job and constantly flying down to Colombia, wearing many hats has been the name of the game since the get go. The most rewarding aspect of this has always been shipping ou tour customers order. We were growing faster than we could keep up. Initially we didnt have all our processes in place, items weren't where they should have been either it be quality or finish. These situations were very stressful, but at the end of the day I always made it right with the customer. I have been told by many, that even though our turn around times took months, the constant communication by me made it all work out. Communication has been my priority since day one. So looking back 22 months and comparing it with my current situation (still have a day job :cry:) I am thankful for being a part of this awesome mud family (Thanks @woody).

For those that dont know. I have opened up a restoration shop in Cartagena Colombia and now in Hagerstown MD. And I am hiring..!!! So if you want to work on some Land Cruiser's hit me up.

Below some pictures from our latest 40ft container. Felt great finally unloading a container on a loading dock.

20170313_172146.jpg
20170313_184853.jpg
20170313_191717.jpg
20170313_191729.jpg
20170315_132302.jpg

Remember those off road trailers I was building a while ago. Well after jumping through some hoops and registering with NHTSA as a foreign trailer manufacturer and having my very own VIN# assignment, I was able to import the offroad trailers. Getting the LCH416 outfitted for some trail tests.

20170313_170331.jpg
20170327_191849.jpg
20170327_191910.jpg
20170327_191957.jpg
20170327_193807.jpg

Almost 2 Year Update

Wow I can't believe I am 2 months away from the 2 Year anniversary of this thread starting. Thanks to Ih8mud and all you guys who believed in my from the very beginning. Thanks to you Land Cruiser Heaven has grown tremendously. These past 2 years have been a journey full of ups and downs from our initial headaches with getting everyone's stuff exported, to wondering where the hell I would be unloading my first container (thanks @mel lowe), to countless nights packaging and boxing up everyone's orders, to juggling between my day job and constantly flying down to Colombia, wearing many hats has been the name of the game since the get go. The most rewarding aspect of this has always been shipping ou tour customers order. We were growing faster than we could keep up. Initially we didnt have all our processes in place, items weren't where they should have been either it be quality or finish. These situations were very stressful, but at the end of the day I always made it right with the customer. I have been told by many, that even though our turn around times took months, the constant communication by me made it all work out. Communication has been my priority since day one. So looking back 22 months and comparing it with my current situation (still have a day job :cry:) I am thankful for being a part of this awesome mud family (Thanks @woody).

For those that dont know. I have opened up a restoration shop in Cartagena Colombia and now in Hagerstown MD. And I am hiring..!!! So if you want to work on some Land Cruiser's hit me up.

Below some pictures from our latest 40ft container. Felt great finally unloading a container on a loading dock.

View attachment 1431245 View attachment 1431246 View attachment 1431247 View attachment 1431248 View attachment 1431249

Frank why is that 40th so dusty??

Congratulations on the business and please keep it up.

All the best

Congratulations Frank!

Thanks Jay!! Your next with AGLE.

Way to stick with it. Living the American dream.

Thank you Sir!!

Frank why is that 40th so dusty??

Congratulations on the business and please keep it up.

All the best

Hope all is well James, Headed up to CT this week to pick up another FJ40 for a full resto. If your in town would love to stop by. The 40th is getting an engine and tranny transplant. I cant wait to get her on the road again.

Coilpacked 1FZ-FE and H151F Swap

Have a price point on these yet?

Chris, Outfitted like in the picture we are looking around $7500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom