My scratch built 40 series trailer. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking great so far!

Nah mate. Work has still been busier then normal for some reason. After Easter it usually just drops right off but it still hasn't yet. Plus a few of other things have had me forking out any spare cash I've had. I just can't seem to get a go at it. I do have the whole month of July off though so I hope to get some time on it.

Ok, after a long time of no progress due to a number of things that have taken my time up, I have finally done some work on the trailer. I have to have it done because we're going on a holiday in a few months & I need it finished so it can carry our gear.
In the last couple of weekends, I've removed the spring mounts that I made for it & replaced them with some standard Toyota mounts. I finished up the axle & mounted the wheel spacers. I have also been welding in more floor bracing to the body for where the floor will be fixed to & stated making the frame for the tailgate. With a bit more welding on the tub it will be finished. Then I can cut & fit the floor sheets in.
More to come soon.

IMG_6247.JPG

IMG_6248.JPG

IMG_6253.JPG

IMG_6271.JPG

IMG_6425.JPG

Today saw the floor frame finished on the body. The chassis is done except for a couple pieces of steel that need to be welded on for the spare tyre mount. Seeing as I didn't have the bits needed to weld on I decide paint the bottom of the bed & most of the chassis.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Put a couple of hours in on the trailer again today, seeing as I'm away for work again for the next couple of days.
Safety chains are on now & I spent a bit of time working out how I wanted to make the spare carrier. This is what I came up with. I've made it bolt to the chassis & also made the part the the wheel actually fixes to movable. Just incase I change tyre sizes. This way the tyre will sit on the frame & support itself.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Puting the finishing touches on the chassis this arvo. Only have to finish the spare carrier, put it on & install some tail lights. Then all my time will be put in on the body.

image.jpg

A bit more work on the trailer today. Finished off the chassis & put the last coat of paint on it too.
I've started on some of the body work too, trying to get the waves out of the sides. Then I can move on to getting some floor sheets in it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. The engine in the cruiser let go a few weeks ago & I had to source another one. I have got it in the car but I have a few problems & I'm waiting on parts. So the trailer is sitting idle at the moment until the 40 is back on the road.

So now that the cruiser is back on the road I can get back into the trailer. I spent a few hours on it today getting one side ready for paint. Tomorrow I work on the other side.
11182090_10153334215454640_1851343285509222264_n.jpg

10923324_10153334752559640_130974509560633206_n.jpg

Back at it again today. Got the other side fixed up with body filler then got a couple of coats of etch primer on & then finished up the day with spraying it with some high fill primer & doing a bit of spot filling.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Glad to see you back at it. Looks fantastic. Alum flooring? That will keep the weight down too.

Thanks mate. I have to have it finished in the next 4 weeks because we're off on a 2500klm holiday. And yeah the alloy flooring is there to keep the weight down & also to keep the possibility of rust away.
I finished doing the fab work on the tailgate today & got it under coated. I also finished making the spare tyre mount too.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Going to lose a couple of afternoons work on it this week due to having to go away for work. I guess that just means a few extra hours each day I am able to get to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom