My Power Steering Leak (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would have been cheaper to buy the rebuild kit and get one of the hoses from NAPA, but I just decided to get a new one so I wouldn't have to worry about it for another 11 years.

Well that's about where i am now. I have the rebuild kit and it's looking spooky to me. I just know what normally happens is i take a part of to rebuild, end up needing special tools, have to borrow jfz80's spare rig to go to the store and get needed tool, come back tear deeper, need another part, have to order part.......rig is down for days or weeks.

trying to avoid that.

If yall do the rebuild post pic as yall go along. I need to do this same thing and I have no clue what to do.. Mine is leaking also just a few drops on the ground but I want to buy the rebuild kit also. So please post pic as you go so I can do my own and save a little $$$$... Thanks

Thanks for the write up Romer. I'm going to attempt a rebuild on mine after the tax man gives me some of my money back.

So, my PS pump appears to be leaking from the rear (few drops on the floor per week?). I need to drive this thing 1800 miles in 5 days (leaving Friday). Is this something that HAS to be done before I go? I will be in the Tucson area for a few months. Can I safely make it there, and have it fixed there, or do I need to take care of this before I go? Thanks, Dan.

So, my PS pump appears to be leaking from the rear (few drops on the floor per week?). I need to drive this thing 1800 miles in 5 days (leaving Friday). Is this something that HAS to be done before I go? I will be in the Tucson area for a few months. Can I safely make it there, and have it fixed there, or do I need to take care of this before I go? Thanks, Dan.

Keep an eye on the fluid level and you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply. I feel better already.

Funny, my youngest son just came in and told me the steering wheel was very hard to turn. Almost impossible. So I went out in this friggin cold 8F and pulled it into the friggin cold garage. Took a look and fluid level is low and fluid around and below the pump.

I had removed the tube cooler and replaced it with a small cooler 4" x8", mounted in front of the radiator. Hopefully it is one of the hoses we replaced when having to re-run to the new cooler or a loose hose clamp. Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom