My M416 type build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I dropped the trailer off at the tarp shop today should get it back sometime wed. Hes also building a new cover for my mombasa tent since Im on my third cover in 2 years he swears this one will last me years. Hes building them both in black not my 1st choice in colors but the tan didnt look good and the white would show too much dirt. Deffinately going to need the cover the trailer was covered with mud inside and out just driving down my driveway may need to configure some mud flaps too. Also got my hotwater shower (ecotemp L5 and shurflow 2.8 pump in) I tested the ecotemp shower with my cheapo colman shower that runs off of 4 d cells. I just removed the colman shower head it screwed right into the bottom of the eco temp and provided plenty of pressure to run it so now I have a back up option If I leave the trailer at home!! Anyone have a good link on where to get the water tank camping world didnt have any.

Picked it up from the awning shop today heres a few pics.

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

That'll work. Kinda looks like a funny chef's hat when it's all closed up but it will do what is intended. Nice job. Keep us informed on how the vinyl holds up. I'm still contemplating a vinyl tonneau for my trailer until I get a steel lid built.

That'll work. Kinda looks like a funny chef's hat when it's all closed up but it will do what is intended. Nice job. Keep us informed on how the vinyl holds up. I'm still contemplating a vinyl tonneau for my trailer until I get a steel lid built.

Yea its not the best looking thing all closed up but it will keep everything dry and the dust off!!! All four sides have zippers that are covered by velcro flaps. I had some paper in the back got it up to 80mph on the interstate and it didnt even move!!:)

Yea its not the best looking thing all closed up but it will keep everything dry and the dust off!!! All four sides have zippers that are covered by velcro flaps. I had some paper in the back got it up to 80mph on the interstate and it didnt even move!!:)

Like I said, it does the job. Good work.

Ok, so slightly off-topic question.....I've always wondered what the reason is for the sides of the M416 and similar military trailers to flare wider at the top? Were these trailers used primarily as ammunition trailers? I assume there is a specific reason for it, anyone know?

Like I said, it does the job. Good work.

Ok, so slightly off-topic question.....I've always wondered what the reason is for the sides of the M416 and similar military trailers to flare wider at the top? Were these trailers used primarily as ammunition trailers? I assume there is a specific reason for it, anyone know?

I assumed it was to help with the flotation ability.:confused:

Sweet man! that black cover looks awesome! You've got to bring your trailer when you come take a look at mine!

D

Thanks I will!! I put off messing with the shower untill I look at yours the colman cold water shower will have to work one more weekend.

nice set up.

how's the tent cover secured? or is it?
I have one of the older Mombasas and the cover on that one came off completely.
It looks like yours is attached somehow...

nice work! what material did you use for the roll down sides? mine is going to have those and i was planning on using marine canvas.

nice work! what material did you use for the roll down sides? mine is going to have those and i was planning on using marine canvas.

Its 18oz coated vinyl its really tough. I was going with the marine canvas and all the tarp builders recomended the vinyl over the canvas for this purpose.

nice set up.

how's the tent cover secured? or is it?
I have one of the older Mombasas and the cover on that one came off completely.
It looks like yours is attached somehow...

The tent cover has a heavy zipper around the bottom and I added two of the wide bungie cords to go over the top.

where did you find that material? is it pretty common stuff?

where did you find that material? is it pretty common stuff?

Yep its what they use for 18 wheeler tarps. Should carry it at any tarp or awining shop.

Hey man, Thanks for having Alli and I out this weekend. It was great meeting you and checking out the trailer in person. It really makes me want to do a SOA conversion on mine to make it sit higher!

D
It was great meeting yall as well Michelle really like's you guys and hopes you will be making some trips with us. Cant wait to see your trailer and steal your water setup.:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom