my hzj105 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody. About 3 months ago I bought a 1998 hzj105 from my father. He was the third owner, the second owner was an old guy in eastern Australia, and the 1st was the Queensland government. I have the service manual with workshop stamps up until 150 000km, then my dad didn't do anything but change the oil and get the rear bearings repacked. Odometer is currently sitting at 208 000km. it has a kaymar rear bar with wheel carrier and the factory alloy bullbar and factory side steps. I got it with rhino racks on top but I took them off because I dont plan on using them, i'll buy a full length rack if i need the cargo space (unlikely). It's sitting on s***ting cheap shocks and OEM springs I think. 235/85/r16 bridgestone dueler AT tyres. Well, here she is:

side-on.jpg

front-on.jpg

a fine beast she is.
The interior is in rough shape:

cargo-area.jpg

interior.jpg

Low and behold, my dad's bush fix toolbox:

tyretool.jpg

yes that is 1 cable tie. and a quarter roll of electrical tape. LOL

Also pictured is my dad's gypsy method of replacing a piece of the factory wheel removal tool. he must have lost the intermediate metal bar piece between the key and the handle, so he figured out a 12mm socket and 1/2 inch extension work in a pinch:

tyretool2.jpg

tyretool5.jpg

The outside is a little rusty, the story is the 2nd owner, the old guy. He would leave the car parked against the house and it would cop a s***load of sun on the left hand side which lead to all the paint leeching off and surface rust. I'm going to have to sand this back and treat it at some point soon...

paint.jpg

pictured below is the RHS rear wheel arch:

rust.jpg

thats about the extent of the rust, the chassis is completely clean, no salted roads up here in the tropics of australia.

The rear bar is missing some bolts and used to rattle so dad's chucked a stubbie cooler in between the checker plate and the bar to stop that...

stubbie.jpg

does anyone know what these things are? found them cleaning out the back storage sections

weird-tabs.jpg

shim-1.jpg

bonus shot of my apartment building storage shed
shed-inside.jpg

well thats it for now i'll update this post when I manage to get any work done on her, working full time and studying full time at the moment. probably going to drive her as is this dry season then spend the next wet building up what I want. (top end australia really only has two season, wet and dry). let me know if you want any pictures of anything in particular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom