My diesel 4 door '86 LN65 Hilux progress and upgrades! (1 Viewer)

If it's not much trouble, I'd appreciate a picture or two.
Hopefully this makes sense. You can see the 3rd upright at the back of the cab in the foreground of the first photo. Front bed supports circled in red.

sorry for the hijack @RyanMiller

02B1616C-475E-40D4-9531-B6BDE42F5D0B.jpeg

A5B29EE1-052E-4F49-B19C-53EA68330146.jpeg

4F88261E-1E5E-4E65-ABA5-60F628696E18.jpeg

PAToyota

Keystone Cruisers
SILVER Star
Since this is the xN106 rather than the xN65, there may be some more variation. But I get the general idea. It looks like the frames may be the same between the standard/Xtra cab and the double cab, but the mounts themselves may be different.

Since this is the xN106 rather than the xN65, there may be some more variation. But I get the general idea. It looks like the frames may be the same between the standard/Xtra cab and the double cab, but the mounts themselves may be different.
Sorry, been busy with the move, but mine looks almost exactly like Johns! Cab sits on 3 mounts.
My bed floor is kinda crusty and needs some love..!

PAToyota

Keystone Cruisers
SILVER Star
This is the frame I built to replace the one in my '85 standard cab with the mounts pointed out. It is rectangular tube steel, but otherwise built pretty close to mimic the OEM Toyota frame.

Do you think this is the same basic frame under the double cab? Or is it longer? Otherwise different?
Truck Frame.jpg

I had to wrap my downpipe in heat wrap because my clutch master cylinder would get soft after driving it fast for a while..
now if my transmission would stop sweating oil!!

I had to wrap my downpipe in heat wrap because my clutch master cylinder would get soft after driving it fast for a while..
now if my transmission would stop sweating oil!!

I wrapped mine as well, seems to help a lot. You can find factory brake and clutch master heat shields from turbo LN and LJ trucks but man are they expensive.

Looks like it pulls well! What’s your cruising rpm on the highway?

I wrapped mine as well, seems to help a lot. You can find factory brake and clutch master heat shields from turbo LN and LJ trucks but man are they expensive.

Looks like it pulls well! What’s your cruising rpm on the highway?
I took the factory heat shield from my 2l manifold, bent an cut it to fit around my MC and also strapped the other one to the down pipe.. Ill take a picture.
I'm still using the KM odometer, but at (60)100KM's rpm is about 2700 and about 3000 rpm at 120km.
My motor seems to make peak boost above 3k anyway so it seems to have plenty of power at speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom