My Custome Tire Carrier (PIC's) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What does it look like on the back side, once the tire is swung to an outward position? Is there anything that stops the tire carrier from swinging completely around to the quarter panel? Is the tire locked onto the carrier to prevent someone from stealing it?

Looks great!

I would like to see up under the support hing

Cobra Jet said:
What does it look like on the back side, once the tire is swung to an outward position? Is there anything that stops the tire carrier from swinging completely around to the quarter panel? Is the tire locked onto the carrier to prevent someone from stealing it?

You can see other pictures of the tire carrier during the build at https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=50575&highlight=oem+tire+carrier . This should give you an idea of what the back side of the carrier looks like.

I am adding a spring pin to the carrier so that I can lock it in place when swung out similar to other carriers out there. I am using lug locks to hold the tire on the carrier to keep the common thief from stealing the tire.

fzj80kidpen said:
I would like to see up under the support hing

I'm assuming you are talking about the spindle bracket that attaches to the frame that is hidden by the bumperett. Here are two very poor pictures of it mounted to the frame prior to it being 100% complete. I added two bolts that go through the top of the frame tube after this picture was taken to support the down force of the weight. I used the factory holes in the side of the frame as well as the factory holes were the factory hitch mounts for the bottom of the bracket. This picture was also taken before I put in all the appropriate washers and support plate for inside the frame.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom