My Bushless BJ40 .. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long story short, I replaced the speedo cable over the weekend and while I was under the cruisier a quick inspection of the suspension revealed the spring pin bushings were totally disintegrated, and all the shackle bushings are in bad shape which probably explains all the road noise and rattle I was experiencing. So I ordered a complete bushing set (24) along with new greaseable shackles, spring pins and a set of U-bolts. All components Zinc coated.

I'm expecting a ride with significance reduction in road noise and rumble with the new bushings. I might even gain a slight lift (?). I expect to receive all the parts by the 20th. Photos of the install and final product will be posted.

This photo was take last week. Even with the "bushless" suspension, the Cruisier is much taller than my JGC.

You can't go wrong doing new bushings. Since you got new pins just cut the old ones off if they give you trouble.

You can't go wrong doing new bushings. Since you got new pins just cut the old ones off if they give you trouble.
I should've been more cognitive of the situation. She's been a real doll to own. Yep, I'm not messing around with stubborn pins. I have the milwaukee ready to go with a new cutting disc..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom