Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Ben! I hope to have it back on the road by the end of the month. But it will be far from complete. I will pick the fuel cell up Thursday and this weekend we should have the PS plumbed in. That's the two major items needed to get it running. Your 2H is almost too nice to drive. Beautiful work mate!

You know, I think I have some of those mesh guards in a bin...............might look cool on my 45..........hmmmmmmm

@73fj I have always like stone guards on certain vehicles and Land Cruisers are definitely one of those vehicles.

I picked up my fuel cell from the machine shop this afternoon. It needs a little paint but overall I'm pleased with my new FJ45 tank.

IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_1657.JPG

I have been working on a couple of items this week. The first is PS lines. That installation is almost complete. The second is a replacement for the heater air box duct. In the pictures they are still raw aluminum. Which is great for illustrative purposes. They will be painted satin black for final install. This mod will allow the AC unit to rotate up in the back.

IMG_1634.JPG
IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1666.JPG
IMG_1667.JPG
IMG_1675.JPG

Well not much to show but I made some progress on wrapping this thing up.

Filled the PS system
Filled the cooling system
Filled the WS washing system
Connected, filled and bled fuel system
Connected starter
Reinstalled the AC head unit

You can see the difference in the back of the unit in these pictures.
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1685.JPG

So the short list is:

Complete AC installation
Install bib
Connect alternator
Design and install inlet air from snorkel to plenum
Install passenger seat
Install both bumpers

If anyone can tell me how this wiring is supposed to be connected I'd appreciate it very much. (12v externally regulated)

IMG_1683.JPG

Oops! I forgot the front drive shaft is at Tom Woods place for a little R/R.

That's a short!

Hey @cult45 look what I dug out of the parts bin. I need to polish the lenses a little but the rest of it cleaned up right nice! I do wish I had taken a before picture. They had two different colors of paint on them.

IMG_1686.JPG

you are torturing me as a 17 year old, there ain't enough cash lying around to do anything like the stuff that you have. so i have to go slowly. at least i get to see someone else do it right.

do you still need to know where those wires attach? i could help if you need.

Patience youngling. I have about 40 more years of learning and earning than you do. Trust me when I say there's no money just laying about. My job doesn't support this kind of build so I have sold vehicles and parts to fund this venture. Work hard and work smart. Never miss an opportunity to learn something new. You never know when you might need that knowledge.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I think I have the alternator wiring sorted out. But if you have a good picture of what it should look like, I would certainly appreciate the sanity check. With a complete new wiring harness I sure don't want to singe it right out of the gate.

Cheers mate!

Where do they go mate? On the tray??

Dan here is a picture of them in place before the tear apart.

IMG_0432.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom