Builds My 78' Barn find FJ45 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No sir. The air will flow through them both. This is standard OEM installation practice.

Last edited:
Thanks Brett! We cut down the height of loop on the final design.

@abtx4x4 I ordered the condenser from eBay. I got a width that closely matched the outside dimensions of the radiator support and found one 11" tall. Then I made my brackets.

Good to know :)

@cult45 Hey Daniel check out what one of my good mates picked up for me!

IMG_1638.JPG
IMG_1639.JPG

My new powder coater came through like gang busters. He completed my job in less than 24 hours for $20.00!

IMG_1633.JPG

I had my machinist make an adapter for my heater so I can use a small flex hose in place of my heater air box. Now I can rotate the AC unit up a little higher in the back.

IMG_1634.JPG
IMG_1635.JPG
IMG_1636.JPG
IMG_1637.JPG

SA as in South Australia?

Nice one! I'll see if I can acquire a NSW or a NT one for you. The NT ones are colour of Uluru!

My painter came through with my 79' bib. Hopefully the third time is a charm.

IMG_1640.JPG
IMG_1641.JPG
IMG_1642.JPG

More parts just in from Toyota. Remote axle breather tubes and headlight tensioner springs.

IMG_1644.JPG
IMG_1645.JPG

I built the bib out as far as I can go. The bezel hasn't been delivered yet, so now we wait! I got the axle breather hoses installed and the drive shaft painted. I also installed the jack. It turns out, by pure dumb luck, that I spaced the locker cables far enough apart that the jack lays down between them. Hmmmm...

Oh I forgot to mention I also purchased one of City Racers TPMS kits. I'm rather impressed with the packaging. We will see how it performs.

IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1647.JPG
IMG_1648.JPG

IMG_1650.JPG
I think I need to paint this. It's going to be too bright under the dash.

IMG_1649.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom