My 1st FJ40 project '72 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! I'm new to this forum and just bought my first FJ!!!! It is a restore project that has seen two previous owners and is rock solid steel, new paint and drivetrain. I will sure need your help!!!! First item I need is seats. I have nothing for the front and rear jump seats ready to restore. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks. Jim.

51680522347__93A494BE-8CF6-45CF-BA7A-19C7BAA53E9E.JPG

51680522882__A36D633E-9AD0-422D-B925-FD5E78C303C1.JPG

51680523508__E6C8F6FC-44F6-4CC8-BA26-7B43D77008A7.JPG

Welcome Jim! Looks like you got a great project on your hands! The FAQ section here is awesome and has a ton of information on seats and a lot of other common questions/suggestions. Again, welcome to the madness!:clap:

40-series FAQ

Great looking rig to start you out. The nice part is its already departed from original and you won't have to struggle with chopping it up.

Thanks Shawn, she is a real solid. My current challenge trying to decide on aftermarket or recovering 1975 bucket seats. Any suggestions? PS I'm seeking maximum comfort and good looks.

"Maximum comfort and good looks"

Aftermarket

Procar Rally for good looks and comfort

Procar pro90 for a more vintage look and comfort

Welcome, nice looking 40.

Small hijack...anyone know the part number for rubber piece that goes into the cowl from the windshield frame? The one with the wiring for the wiper motor?

Small hijack...anyone know the part number for rubber piece that goes into the cowl from the windshield frame? The one with the wiring for the wiper motor?

Well..answered my own question. #82818-90300 but looks to be discontinued.

Updates: I finally got the hood installed and aligned, it took me over to get it aligned! Every fender had to be move I finally got the hood installed and aligned, it took me over to get it aligned! Every fender had to be adjusted...

IMG_3759.JPG

Ok... need some help. I don't got to spend $2000, but I would like to get a nice soft top it looks good and doesn't leak. What are your recommendations? Is Best Top the way to go?

Oh... darn :-(. I must just be lucky, cuz The one on my 92 Wrangler is bone dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom