My 11 LX570 doesn't have an auxiliary transmission oil cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought this was a standard item as on the LX470 but I guess not. Can ne1 confirm or am I looking in the wrong place? Should be in front of the AC condenser correct?

I am with you. I thought that it was a standard feature as well. I don't have access to mine to look at it, but maybe someone else can chime in and show (hint: illustrated parts breakdown image) where it is, if it is indeed installed.

It is built into the radiator. Look for the small hoses exiting the bottom and you will see them.

here, I circled it for you. I had to take the plastic shroud off mine to fit the aftermarket bumper.

eccef77b-31ee-490e-b892-5f41a12b6cbe_zpsdqymgkxz.jpg

I guess everyone is correct. The main trans cooler is part of the radiator, whereas the auxiliary one is where @Ali FJ80 circled. I recently replaced my radiator and was thinking of replacing the flexible lines as PM...

Thanks Sandroad & Ali FJ80, on most any automatic that I'd plan to keep awhile I have either had or installed an auxiliary cooler. I don't tow a lot and when I do it's not over 3K anyway but heat is the autoboxes enemy and the radiator circuit doesn't cool it below the operating temp much if at all. I'll be installing one soon. I would think this would be part of the build if you were setting one up for HD offroad adventures anywhere in warm weather.

I found it tonight hidden by a flow diverter of sorts, a plastic piece that feeds it airflow from down under. Here's a pic from above.

20170321_182912.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom