Multi-Tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what? no corkscrew? :D
I'm fairly sure Bud Light is sold with a twist off top so I probably wouldn't use the corkscrew very often anyway. :)

what? no corkscrew? :D
:rofl: There are some things that multi-tool use should be avoided...brain surgery, nuclear bomb maintenance and opening wine bottles. Seriously, I've had 100% success with one of these. An example on Amazon, but don't cheap out with a bargain basement brand.

I was recently given a Leatherman Charge Titanium. So far I like it a lot, especially he fact that the four main blades are easily openable one handed and don’t require you to unfold the tool at all to access. It makes accessing the two blades so much faster, as that’s normally what I’m going for if I use the tool.

2B64D854-9AF0-4419-BD5C-4F603C927FC3.jpeg

Charge TTi Damascus? Damn that’s a nice gift. That’s a pretty expensive multi tool to be carrying around for mundane repairs.

I keep one leatherman in my DS door pocket on my 80 and a Gerber on the PS door pocket. And I have a supertool 300 and a surge in my 18 wheeler in the door pocket. Always comes in handy when I need to do a quick little job, or want to go for a walk in the woods or rough neighborhood.

New addition to the family. Very happy with the CX.

D72BEF4D-8B3B-497E-A896-F83667181FB7.jpeg

G'Day Fella's,

GR 5, I wouldn't leave home/go Bush, without one.
Generally, they have always been a Leatherman but what ever you have (as long as it is of Quality), will do the job.

D'oh!
Homer

Obviously all of these products have come a long ways since I bought my last Leatherman 30 years ago. :)

geez, you guys are all gushing about these gigantic affairs...
Me, I do carry my little Leatherman Micra or Mini tools about town. The latter is surprisingly well made. Heavy for the size. They wore a hole in my jeans pocket, though. Not sure they are still making the Mini.

I have an old Leatherman Supertool from the 1990s that lives in my LX. Have a newer Leatherman Surge’s in our other cars and deployment gear.

Leatherman Wave in a custom leather sheath from Etsy.

Use it almost daily on the ranch. Had this one like ten years or so.

And a Gerber Shard on every key ring.

I'm still packing a Leatherman Wave that I picked up in 2000, I've been thinking about retiring it and picking up something newer.

Does it still work as intended? If so, why replace a working piece of gear?

Works perfectly, that’s why I haven’t replaced it yet. Hell, I’ve even thought about finding another old style Wave on eBay and keeping it in the 40.

I've got a couple Waves (original) and another model which I forget. I keep one in the glove box of each vehicle. But I don't replace working gear. I think it's my old Puritan ethic of buying something of quality and keeping it forever.

buying something of quality and keeping it forever.

That is how I approach buying anything like that, I'm actually ordering a Case folding hunter pretty soon, just to add to the rest of the Case knives I have.

I like my SOG. It was a gift from my son about 3 yrs ago. Before, I just carried a pocket knife and now I feel naked with out the multi-tool. Pics:
Multi-Tool is 4 & 1/4" Long, 1 & 3/16" wide at widest point and 9/16" thick (15/16 at pocket clip). Actually, this model is called "Switch Plier".

View attachment 1893193View attachment 1893194
Knife blade comes razor sharp & screwdrivers are good quality tips. Screwdriver tips can be selected and tool closed up for ease of use as the screwdriver handle.
View attachment 1893211
The pliers are high quality and bite is precise. Tool has been very useful.
View attachment 1893212
Push button pops it open & unlocks it to close. Tool tips can be selected without popping tool open by pulling silver handle open, select & unfold tip, then close silver handle as shown below with file tool selected.
View attachment 1893208
Edited to remove pics taken with my Amazon Fire tablet and replace with pics taken with my iPhone 5, which has a better camera.
I actually just got one of these, and by and large, I like it. It's a bit thicker and heavier than my EDC knife (SOG Flash II) but not terrible and the low carry is always preferred. I find accessing anything other than the outer tools (knife and file) to be a bit annoying, but it's more of a last resort anyway, when nothing else is available. I definitely prefer the pocket carry, although I had several Gerbers (including the one in the original post) that I used a decent amount for camping and sailing, and I liked the one handed opening.

I actually just got one of these, and by and large, I like it. It's a bit thicker and heavier than my EDC knife (SOG Flash II) but not terrible and the low carry is always preferred. I find accessing anything other than the outer tools (knife and file) to be a bit annoying, but it's more of a last resort anyway, when nothing else is available. I definitely prefer the pocket carry, although I had several Gerbers (including the one in the original post) that I used a decent amount for camping and sailing, and I liked the one handed opening.
I prefer carrying just a pocket knife, but this SOG has come in so handy, time after time. I agree with your comments on weight, size, pocket carry & ease of opening. The other multi-tools shown on here are so much better looking, but I doubt if they're any handier. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom