Mud and Snow Run question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks - I'm a new owner and new club member. I'd love to start joining some of the events, but I'm not sure what my rig is up for. Is my stock, unlifted 200, on Michelin Defender LTX's going to handle the Mud and Snow Run?

Cheers,
Ryan

You should be fine. This is a fun but mild run. I’ve seen a stock 200 out there before. I’ve taken a couple different stock vehicles. You might get some pinstripes.

Are your tires passenger rated or LT? Either would be fine but if you are new to off-roading and plan to do more of it, a good set of LT tires is a good place to start.

Also if you are new to the hobby, going on a run like this with experienced guys is helpful.

I see you’re in Novato too! Let me know if you want to caravan up.

Seth

You should be fine. This is a fun but mild run. I’ve seen a stock 200 out there before. I’ve taken a couple different stock vehicles. You might get some pinstripes.

Are your tires passenger rated or LT? Either would be fine but if you are new to off-roading and plan to do more of it, a good set of LT tires is a good place to start.

Also if you are new to the hobby, going on a run like this with experienced guys is helpful.

I see you’re in Novato too! Let me know if you want to caravan up.

Seth
Thanks for the info Seth! It looks like I may be booked that day now, but I'm going to try to weasel out of it. :) I'll let you know.

Actually, this would be a great trip in that most of the route is dirt forest service road. There are trails but they start mild and continue to increase in difficulty allowing you to call no joy any time. Also, this is how you learn about areas such as Lake Pillsbury. If muddy, all bets are off.

I hope to bring back an old run... Covelo to Pillsbury. Good loop, but snow has always forced us to turn back...

Hope to see you there... 10 AM at the air strip. Breakfast at Dennys in Ukiah around 7.30 ish... John Evans is buying.

Tony

Actually, this would be a great trip in that most of the route is dirt forest service road. There are trails but they start mild and continue to increase in difficulty allowing you to call no joy any time. Also, this is how you learn about areas such as Lake Pillsbury. If muddy, all bets are off.

I hope to bring back an old run... Covelo to Pillsbury. Good loop, but snow has always forced us to turn back...

Hope to see you there... 10 AM at the air strip. Breakfast at Dennys in Ukiah around 7.30 ish... John Evans is buying.

Tony
10:00 ???? In my day as trail leader we set out from the air strip to the trails at 9am sharp. I think you where there when we had about 18 FJ40's and about 3 mini trucks, it takes time to run the trails with that many especially when some ended up on their side, broken pinions, flat tires, etc. etc.----- GOOD TIMES
Have Fun Tim

Tim, it would be awesome if you could attend!

Yes, we moved it to 10 to allow time for those who travel and for breakfast...

So get this... last year, Don Gatton was run contact, meet at 9. Don shows up at 8:30 and greets all who arrive. Meanwhile, Ross Woody, Micheal Dremann and I are on our way... we show up at 9:05 and see the last truck disappearing way up the road. When we finally catch up to Don and the group, he says 'I waited for 35 minutes'!

Any how, lately we range around 8 to 10 trucks, have hit snow quickly and usually depart around 2. Now as you note, if the trails are muddy and clear, might be a full day. Also, they brushed those routes into fire breaks during the fire, and they are very wide, clear and lots of dirt.

For those reading this post who don't know, this is/was Tim's run which was one of our 1st runs and has continued as our yearly 'kick off' run... that is, first run of the year and last opportunity to renew your dues before being dropped. Tim knows the area like the back of his hand and has so many great stories... very fun to sit around a camp fire and listen to him tell tales if his shenanigans from the area.

Feb 17th, 10 AM

Thank you Tim for starting this run. I try to make it every year and would love to hear some stories.

On behalf of those of us that need to drive 3.5 hours to get to the air strip, I appreciate the 10 am start time! I’ll try and be there early and no problems here if wheels start rolling at 10 am sharp!

Tony, I'll buy but at KC's , closer to the house.
As Dave mentioned in the e-mail, fill up with gas, its a long way up the mtn, all over the mtn, & back to refill, or stay with the group, ROSS.

Tony, I'll buy but at KC's , closer to the house.
As Dave mentioned in the e-mail, fill up with gas, it’s a long way up the mtn, all over the mtn, & back to refill, or stay with the group, ROSS.
Heywood Jablowme ;)

Hopefully the next time someone gets towed back to camp they’ll let the run leader know that the tow guy went back up the trail…

Oh yeah, forgot bout that. Was a fun night on the mountain, bit cold, beautiful sunrise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom