Moving front diff forward 4 inches (100mm) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, just an introduction, I bought a 1991 1HZ 75 Series Cab Chassis Ute last year, been loving it

Then busted a front spring and the only cheap replacement I could find at a wrecker was a 60 series rear spring, so on it goes with a two inch extended shackle and all is bingo 👍

Except my approach angle :oops:
Yeah turns out having a spring that is 65mm (just over two inches) longer at the front creates quite a worse approach angle, amazing flex though (with shocks disconnected, will be picking up some wrecker 80 rear shocks when I find some cheap enough)

Anyway, was wanted to reverse springs, military wrap at both ends so feel fairly safe doing so, only thing is, the rear (fixed) side will be 655mm long, up from stock 550mm by just over 100mm (4 inches!!!!)

I know a standard 70 series spring reverse will allow the diff to be moved forward by 2 inches, just wondering if anyone has ever moved the diff forward by 4 inches before? I will have to move the shock tower and extend the front tail shaft I'm sure, but does anyone know if I'll have to change the steering setup? I'm imagining some binding haha

If anyone has any info on this please let me know, if it looks like 💰💰💰 I'll be giving it a pass as I'm doing everything on the mega cheap (hence the junkyard springs)

Other option is to use spring perch moving plates or redrill the spring perches for the mounting bolts to move the diff forward by 2 inches and keep it safe.

Any questions please ask, hoping to turn this thing into a weapon as cheap as I can, next up 76 series rears in the rear, which I'm pretty sure won't need fixed pin relocation but utilise 55mm longer on the shackle end leafs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom