Builds Mountain Goat '18LX build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I saw that in the other thread and am wondering what
We have developed a work around for the TVS2650 supercharger where the factory ECU will accept the parameters of the new parts without issue.
means in detail. I'd be pretty surprised (and happy) if they have been able to make their kit essentially plug-and-play, even if it's not an optimal tune.

Regardless, I'm subscribed and excited to see your progress with this. Should be very cool!

A4E8D289-5031-4C75-8BFD-89271A182B1F.jpeg
On its way...

Have a 16 silver LX in the same color. I have installed Slee bracket and ARB air compressor, with TRD Pro wheels and KO2's. Very interested in getting detailed install pics of the winch mount and the roof rack install. Is it possible to take off the silver rails on the LX's to do an install like on a 200?

Have a 16 silver LX in the same color. I have installed Slee bracket and ARB air compressor, with TRD Pro wheels and KO2's. Very interested in getting detailed install pics of the winch mount and the roof rack install. Is it possible to take off the silver rails on the LX's to do an install like on a 200?

My understanding is that the current Prinsu for the LX uses the existing silver rails. I believe that is preferable to having them removed. It should bring the rack down closer to the roof.

I'll ask for install pics along the way. This is somewhat of an experiment for everyone, so it will be beneficial to document.

I know that Rhino has yet to verify whether or not the previous LX (2008-2015) rack would work on the 2016+. I can't imagine that mounting points are any different between the different years, but the new silver side rails might cause a problem. Has anyone done an aftermarket flat rack on a 2016+ LX 570?

I am very interested to see where this Prinsu install goes.

This is cool to see suck a new one going out in the wild. Please keep documenting, I want to see the winch setup.
Have you considered a hitch spare tire carriers as a temporary solution till the Dissent RB is available?

^^ My guy called Prinsu and supposedly what they shipped us is specifically for the 16+ LX.... we'll see!

I’ve used the Prinsu racks on a few 200 builds and have one on my personal one too, you’ll be happy. How are you wiring the light bars into the vehicle?

Have you considered a hitch spare tire carriers as a temporary solution till the Dissent RB is available?

How are you wiring the light bars into the vehicle?

Unfortunately the aux tank was out of stock until April, so its not going in yet. Not sure what I am going to do yet..

Not sure how he's doing it the wiring...

Nice tires you have there. 🍺

Nice tires you have there. 🍺

I’m glad you kept plugging them! They’re not as soft as the Blizzak LTs I pulled off, but they feel MUCH more stable. Surprisingly I feel like they’re a lot more stable then my Defender LTX M/S as well.
The 305 combined with +25 offset no doubt helps; I felt like this setup increased the vehicle’s lateral stability substantially. I’m very happy with this tire.

My confidence today while cornering, at highway speeds, in the mountains, going to Portland and back (60 miles each way over the Oregon Coast Range) was greatly improved over the Blizzaks and even over the Defenders. It would be interesting to try the defenders in the same size, on this rim, but that’s another direction I’m not heading.

Hi Guys! Wanted to jump on here and introduce myself and be able to post up updates as we go. I'm Michael, owner of Wanderlust Overland and we're doing the LX570 build for Chris! He's been absolutely awesome to work with as a customer and stoked to get this thing really rolling. We're a small shop and get super busy so I apologize in advance if we are not great at updates or replying to posts and questions but will do our best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom