For Sale Most Recent 80 Series Prices (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
There is a similar thread in both the 100 and 200 Classifieds Sections, makes sense here too. These trucks are changing hands at a rapid rate these days, having consolidated live market data is a nice thing for both buyers and sellers.

If you have recently bought or sold an 80 series and are comfortable sharing the details, post it here.

This 220k mile 3FE powered 91 just sold for $20,000 not including fees.

I know you’re usually bullish on 80 series prices, but that seems really high for an FJ80 with 226k miles. It is a clean truck, but the A440f is on borrowed time at that mileage.

I know you’re usually bullish on 80 series prices, but that seems really high for an FJ80 with 226k miles. It is a clean truck, but the A440f is on borrowed time at that mileage.
Maybe in a 62. Every A440 I’ve had in an 80 has gone 250+ with ease. My parents had one with over 380k and not a problem. I highly doubt he ever did any maintenance on it. Although I do agree it’s a stretch to pay that for a 3fe powered 80.

Last edited:
147k miles, center locker only, good paint Sold for $30k not including fees

Adding a data point for future buyers…about my new (to me) Cruiser.

Picked this 80 series up about 5 weeks ago. Flew out of state and drove 700 miles back home for it.

So far I’ve added fresh tires (old ones had tread but 9+ years old), replaced hood and rear hatch tires struts, weather techs, and a new front bumper from the dealer for $250 since the last one was dented.

Also ditched the side steps because they were a little beat up and have plans to add sliders for function and protection.

The rest is going towards some baselining for a few adventures planned this summer.

Price paid and details: $16.5k, 3x locked, clean title, low surface rust on diff, frame clean, 159k miles, no dash cracks, records from 0-140k miles and I bought from the guy who had it the last 20k who was a DIY guy.

Issues: tachometer not working (RPMs are fine per scan gauge), few small dents, due for PHH, front seats are cracked but not through to the foam, seat gears, lockers not engaging (yes it’s k294), probably a few other things I’ll find out later after more miles.

I’m in it ~19.5k right now with the upgrades I listed + flight. I was hunting for an 80 for a while and passed on half a dozen I drove or saw in person for various reasons from 5-20k range. I had a scale of quality, condition, work needed and was willing to buy within a pretty wide range.

IMG_3953.jpeg

IMG_3954.jpeg

IMG_3952.jpeg

Picked this 80 series up about 5 weeks ago. Flew out of state and drove 700 miles back home for it.

So far I’ve added fresh tires (old ones had tread but 9+ years old), replaced hood and rear hatch tires struts, weather techs, and a new front bumper from the dealer for $250 since the last one was dented.

Also ditched the side steps because they were a little beat up and have plans to add sliders for function and protection.

The rest is going towards some baselining for a few adventures planned this summer.

Price paid and details: $16.5k, 3x locked, clean title, low surface rust on diff, frame clean, 159k miles, no dash cracks, records from 0-140k miles and I bought from the guy who had it the last 20k who was a DIY guy.

Issues: tachometer not working (RPMs are fine per scan gauge), few small dents, due for PHH, front seats are cracked but not through to the foam, seat gears, lockers not engaging (yes it’s k294), probably a few other things I’ll find out later after more miles.

I’m in it ~19.5k right now with the upgrades I listed + flight. I was hunting for an 80 for a while and passed on half a dozen I drove or saw in person for various reasons from 5-20k range. I had a scale of quality, condition, work needed and was willing to buy within a pretty wide range.

View attachment 3343715

View attachment 3343716

View attachment 3343717
Looks like a great deal!

View attachment 3343715

View attachment 3343716

View attachment 3343717

What year is it, and where did you find it?

This just went live on bringatrailer. 1997, 4k miles, no lockers. I’m almost certain this is the same one that sold for $170k at a Carmax auction a few years back.

E34D6BEE-A60E-482B-BFE7-39AE01D12B70.png

This just went live on bringatrailer. 1997, 4k miles, no lockers. I’m almost certain this is the same one that sold for $170k at a Carmax auction a few years back.

View attachment 3352514
Has to be the same one. I'm assuming is that was sold by Carmax that it must be their most profitable car ever.

View attachment 3352514
It ended up selling for $170,000 including the $5k buyers premium

View attachment 3343715

View attachment 3343716

View attachment 3343717
That is a beautiful truck and a great deal. Congrats!

I just sold my 94 for half what these auctions are bringing. You have to remember that the collectors are driving prices, not the wheeling people. An 80 that gets used is a good rig but simple things are getting harder to find. Dent a door and you have to search high and low across 10 states to find one. Ruin a hood and it might take months to get another. That's why I'm out. They are amazing rigs, but not worth the trouble anymore.

I just sold my 94 for half what these auctions are bringing. You have to remember that the collectors are driving prices, not the wheeling people. An 80 that gets used is a good rig but simple things are getting harder to find. Dent a door and you have to search high and low across 10 states to find one. Ruin a hood and it might take months to get another. That's why I'm out. They are amazing rigs, but not worth the trouble anymore.
I bought two new hoods from Toyota for my 80 within 6 months. Took about a week to get in. Almost had a heart attack by how long I had to wait.

But I get what you’re saying. Best to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom