Morrison Jeep Trail Club Run - August 10-12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C'mon now! Can't leave Rocky behind. Without him where would we sleep eat and drink? Going on a track with Mtyota that weekend should be epic. Up for doing a track that pushes WhiteRabbit and Rocky. Wheel that S#@% Box.

it took the XO guys over 13hrs to get up the switchbacks with a small trailer.

if I remember correctly there were 2or 3 sections that had to be driven backwards.

Couple of pictures from a group that ran it a week ago. Looks like we may encounter a small amount of mud up top. :)

A30AD5A3-AA40-4ACC-A233-06811A7A3A03.jpeg

DF16E079-582D-46F3-964A-047960B0F199.jpeg

it took the XO guys over 13hrs to get up the switchbacks with a small trailer.
My point exactly. Willing to do it but not on a trip that will hinder others. As soon as I am winched we'll put together a trailer trip and do it on the summer solstice. Publicity quote "How many trailers can we get up the Morrison"! Might need someone who knows how to run a camera!

Now that we’re closer to the date. I’m planning on adding departure locations to meet up in case people would like to convoy. Some people may prefer this option.

I will be leaving Bozeman after I get off of work and go home to grab the dog. I was thinking meeting at the Walmart parking lot fueled up and ready to leave at by six. That means show up before six and be ready cuz convoy departs at six.

Others can chime in if they are leaving earlier on Friday Saturday morning early and would like to meet up

Otherwise we can meet up at the trailhead with the coordinates I provided. Just remember to fill up in Bridger MT

Last edited:
I'll be leaving Saturday morning EARLY. Google maps shows 3.5 hour drive (fuel + slower driving let's say 4 hours). I plan on being to the Friday night peoples camp site by no later than 8:30 AM so that means leaving here by 4:30 AM.

For those leaving with me that morning let's be fueled at the Target parking lot on 19th at 4:15 with a roll out time of 4:30 sharp

I'll be leaving Saturday morning EARLY. Google maps shows 3.5 hour drive (fuel + slower driving let's say 4 hours). I plan on being to the Friday night peoples camp site by no later than 8:30 AM so that means leaving here by 4:30 AM.

For those leaving with me that morning let's be fueled at the Target parking lot on 19th at 4:15 with a roll out time of 4:30 sharp

Thanks Johnny. Anyone who is attending please let the convoy know if you plan to arrive and travel with the group. If you don’t respond we will assume we’re gonna see you at the trailhead

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year so @ttFJC you have point on this one. I will be sending out the email reminder about the trip but this will be the official thread for the trip.
Have fun guys!

I can grab firewood for the camping crew. Unless we are clear to cut our own on site.

I'll be part of the walmart at 6pm convoy as well

I can grab firewood for the camping crew. Unless we are clear to cut our own on site.

I'll be part of the walmart at 6pm convoy as well

there is a ton of dead fall on this trail. if we camp where we did last year firewood shouldn't be an issue. having a couple dry logs to start the fire in case we get rained on would be nice.

I don't believe there are any fire restrictions but will call the ranger station to verify when we get closer to Friday

I’m off Friday so I’ll probably just take my time getting down there in the afternoon and wait for everyone to arrive that evening.

Looking forward to it!

Now that we’re closer to the date. I’m planning on adding departure locations to meet up in case people would like to convoy. Some people may prefer this option.

I will be leaving Bozeman after I get off of work and go home to grab the dog. I was thinking meeting at the Walmart parking lot fueled up and ready to leave at by six. That means show up before six and be ready cuz convoy departs at six.

Others can chime in if they are leaving earlier on Friday Saturday morning early and would like to meet up

Otherwise we can meet up at the trailhead with the coordinates I provided. Just remember to fill up in Bridger MT
I can't believe you called Finn "The Dog"! I'm not mad. More disappointed.

Will we need a chain-saw? Don't think there are lots of trees, but thought I'd ask. If anyone else is already bringing one, then I'll leave mine at home.

Also, is this dispersed camping? Meaning that we just pick any old spot or do we need any type of reservations?

Will we need a chain-saw? Don't think there are lots of trees, but thought I'd ask. If anyone else is already bringing one, then I'll leave mine at home.

Also, is this dispersed camping? Meaning that we just pick any old spot or do we need any type of reservations?

Chainsaw would be nice but not necessary. Lots of deadfall. I have an axe. Won’t be needed for clearing the trail becaus there’s several groups made it through no problem. It’s dispersed camping so we will find a nice flat spot to set up camp. Bring a tent or sleep in your rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom