More Cup Holders? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe you could print a riser that would mate with it and bring it up a couple of inches. You might even make it somewhat of a hidden compartment. Just an idea.
I thought about that exact thing but realized it would have to be a separate piece and would then add a lot of cost to the cup holder and I really want to keep the price as low as possible without compromising function or quality. If I built a cubby underneath into the design then it would have a huge void that would have to be filled with support during printing. That would almost double my cost to make. If someone badly wanted the cup holder to sit higher then a simple 9"-10" 2x4 block of wood would get the job done for WAY less that what I could print a spacer for. They could even use some 1"x 2" wood block on either outer edge running length wise of the console to raise it up and still have a cubby underneath if desired. I personally don't think any of that is needed but everybody has their opinion on what would be the ideal cup holder/organizer. I just have to make sure I keep it in a price point that makes sense to the consumer. If it can do everything but costs too much then it's a pointless product.

So I measured the difference between the top of the cup holder and the top of the console at it's lowest point and it's exactly 1" difference. It's almost 2" at the highest point. That would mean a 1"x3" block of wood underneath would bring it right to the top of the storage hole at the front of the console. If that was desired by someone then that would be the quick easy and inexpensive option. If I add a 1" thick base to this cup holder to bring it all the way to the top then I almost double my material to print it which pushes the price above where I want it to be.

The block of wood idea works for me; by attaching it would add some weight to keep the unit from bouncing around in the slot as much when not in use. I'm in for one.

Just now saw your question. It is 3".
Then it will fit perfect. I made the first batch of the metal stamped console cup holders last night. Have another batch running today and am shooting to release these in one week.

Last edited:
Then it will fit perfect. I made the first batch of the metal stamped console cup holders last night. Have another batch running today and am shooting to release these in one week.

When will the cup holders for the late model 40s like my 1982 be ready?

When will the cup holders for the late model 40s like my 1982 be ready?
I'm shooting to release all 40 series cup holders next weekend around the 1st of September.

ill be home tomorrow to give you the feedback on test fit! Was out of town for the week

ill be home tomorrow to give you the feedback on test fit! Was out of town for the week
Perfect. I hope to get a large batch of the stamped metal console cup holders done over the next few days and then go into production on the early 80s cup holder next week. Hopefully I will have a good sized batch of all 4 versions by the end of next week and ready to sell by the 1st. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly.

Just got feedback on the later console (with rear heat) and the prototype appears to fit perfect. Here's some pics of that cup holder installed. I will go into production on this version (the final version) tomorrow and have a good sized batch by this Friday.
20170827_141252.jpg
20170827_141310.jpg
20170827_152316.jpg
20170827_152324.jpg
20170827_152333.jpg

Looks great! Just post when this newest version is ready. We'll be happy to post some pictures in our unrestored but almost perfect 1982!

I was the guniea pig and it is spot of perfect!!! Fits like a glove. My wife was pretty excited when she hopped in and saw it in there haha.

And no i dont use a BB bold haha. Found an old phone in the garage for pic purpose. Ill use the front cup holder for my BT speaker. if i could find it now...

I was the guniea pig and it is spot of perfect!!! Fits like a glove. My wife was pretty excited when she hopped in and saw it in there haha.

And no i dont use a BB bold haha. Found an old phone in the garage for pic purpose. Ill use the front cup holder for my BT speaker. if i could find it now...
I can't believe you didn't check a Tim Horton's cup.

Man it was +32 yesterday aint nobody got time for coffee!!!

Hahaha but yah how "uncanadian" of me

So I have now confirmed that all designs fit perfect and am in final production of the last design. I should have a good sized batch of every style available by this weekend. I'm shooting for this Saturday afternoon 9/2 PST to launch these on my site. I will post the link to them on Saturday once they are available. The reason for this post is to promote Patience. Whenever I release a new product it sells quickly at first and I struggle to keep it in stock. Eventually things will slow down once the majority of people who wanted one have purchased it. I restock my new products every 48 hours until sells slow down to a normal pace. At that point I restock once a week. If you don't see what you want in stock just check back in the next day or two and you should see more available. I have all machines on deck for this launch and will be running all 30 machines 24/7 until things slow down. I promise that if you want one, you will get one but you may have to wait a few days as I continually restock.

Now can you 3D print the ashtray for my 42??? Haha they always seem to be missing...

Now can you 3D print the ashtray for my 42??? Haha they always seem to be missing...
I'm already one step ahead of you. Here is the ashtray I already designed in CAD. I plan to release that in the next couple months. Here's a few shots of the part and assembly:
Capture.JPG
Capture.PNG
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom