Montana, 2 Autolockers one left. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe I'm just dumb but wtf is this part? Can anyone enlighten me?

View attachment 3112160
That's one of the brass shims from the rear diff, it came out with the locker when I pulled it from the donor rig. I'll see if I can find more detail on it as far as what it is actually called.

I do know it is covered in the FSM.

I still have one available, unfortunately I believe it will only work on a front diff. It doesn't have the 2 caps that retain the c clips for the rear axles.

20220913_064226.jpg
20220913_064213.jpg
20220913_064216.jpg

Do you know the diameter of the cap? Or the diameter where the caps are used?
I can get the ID of the hole in the locker Monday evening.

@philip g might be able to get a couple of measurements, there's a step in that cap also.

You don't know who manufactured these. I have a few coarse Lock Rights installed in my 68 FJ40. Plus another coarse spline locker in a spare rear axle. Straightening out a garage I came across the original boxes the Lock Rights came in. Original spider gears and side gears are in the blocks. Noticed the block used in rear axle. Possible the retainers not not used in the front are in the other box. Might be interested if I do have the retainers possible to use them to install in a rear semi floater.

Wouldn't be around until Wednesday at the earliest. Can't commit until then so don't hold up another sale.

I can get the ID of the hole in the locker Monday evening.

@philip g might be able to get a couple of measurements, there's a step in that cap also.
I can try but it’ll be coarse measurements at best as I’m moving and my s*** is in a shipping container somewhere. Best I have is a tape measure

I haven’t even opened the box

No chance you still have this? Also what makes you say it'll only work in a front diff?

No chance you still have this? Also what makes you say it'll only work in a front diff?
Yes, I do still have it.

It will only work with a front diff (to the best of my limited knowledge) due to the missing caps that retain the c clips for the axles.

Different setup on the front axle, therefore they are not needed.

Should have posted earlier. I did check my boxes from my coarse spline Lock Rights. Neither box had the caps. Obviously I installed the caps on the front for some reason. One box had the block for the rear so know which set of spider and side gears came out of the rear.

The caps are milled so the inner axle will fit far into the cap so the groove for the C clip matches the outer step in the cap. Without the cap the C clip will not stay in place. I will never put one in the front axle again. But if you have a FF rear this would work. Probably even better as do not need to worry about the C clip on the end in the Birfield from coming out.

I marked this thread to watch it. Changing locations some time between the 15th and early January. I have a couple FF rear axles so could use it in the back axle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom