craigslist Montana: 1990 FJ62, 222k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
It looks solid but from the pictures there are some significant dents in it. Both quarters, front end, LF fender, gate. I can't tell for sure but maybe the roof in the front? Still better than rust but that's a lot of work. Interior is tired looking too. All that said, decent 62's are goin fast.

when I first looked at the pics a few weeks ago, I was wondering if it had an engine fire as the hood and driver fender had no paint on it and the valence was gone and then something else didn't look right in the front.
maybe someone poured acid on it instead of a fire??

Yeah, I'm considering taking a look at it since it's so cheap. Very tempting. If he responds I'll update with what I see.

I talked to the guy and he sent me some videos of it. Ill attach them if I can. I'm new on here so bear with me. The story was that an older gentleman owned the car and started falling off the wagon. (altimeters I believe) He got it stuck between 2 trees and that's were all the dents are from. I guess the current owners dad passed away and left him 1-2 jeeps so he is selling the cruiser. In the video of him driving it sounded like there was a thumping/rattle, but you have to listen closely!!

I hope all this helps!

I am college student and have been saving for a while. I'm in the market for an FJ project that runs well but needs some work so if you hear of anything, please PM me!!

I was unable to upload those videos. If you want me to email them to you, just PM me with your info and ill send them over!

I went and checked it out. It’s really rough, but nothing that’s impossible to fix. The frame is good, and Theres minimal Surface rust. I put together a spreadsheet of potential repairs while I was considering buying it, but it’s going to need 1.5-2k of immediate work to make it safe to operate (if anyone wants the link to it let me know). I drove it and it NEEDS the brakes done, a radiator(was pissing coolant when I pulled back in), mirrors... if you’re ready for a huge project then go for it. The rust level is not a concern at all, it just needs a lot of love. Seems like the PO before the current wasn’t kind to it. My current vehicle seemed to know I was about to pick up another one and broke some expensive parts, so no new vehicle for me.

I talked to the guy and he sent me some videos of it. Ill attach them if I can. I'm new on here so bear with me. The story was that an older gentleman owned the car and started falling off the wagon. (altimeters I believe) He got it stuck between 2 trees and that's were all the dents are from. I guess the current owners dad passed away and left him 1-2 jeeps so he is selling the cruiser. In the video of him driving it sounded like there was a thumping/rattle, but you have to listen closely!!

I hope all this helps!

I am college student and have been saving for a while. I'm in the market for an FJ project that runs well but needs some work so if you hear of anything, please PM me!!
Before I’d drive it anywhere, it needs a new radiator, mirrors, tires, and brakes. Braking in it was terrifying and I swear those tires have the most dry rot I have EVER seen. Interior also needs to be redone, and some body panels would need to be sourced. If you don’t have ample time/money I’d caution against it.

it was listed at $4500 but it is gone from craigslist, no idea if it sold or the owner pulled it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom